Weber genesis silver score.

Lots of good parts if nothing else.
Yeah it looks very solid. Im mainly trying to find what weber propane grill im going to keep out of the bunch. My spirit w cabinet, silver B w out cabinet. Silver b w cabinet or maybe this silver C with cabinet. Is there one that is more desirable? My spirit B w out cabinet is like new.

Attachments

• AFB1E725-8096-42F2-B947-A93CE060FD29.jpeg
    AFB1E725-8096-42F2-B947-A93CE060FD29.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 3
B is smaller if space is an issue.
C has a side burner and the bottom storage is larger.
Cookbox and burners and grids and flav bars are identical and interchangeable between B and C
C needs an extra port on the manifold for the side burner
Some B's have this port capped off. Some don't. I haven't seen a pattern. You can use a Silver C manifold on a B if you cap off the port.

Cabinets can look nicer and do a good job of hiding "stuff"
Cabinets can hold moisture leading to rust.

I think the main difference between the Silver and the Spirit is the cookbox might sit a little higher above the table for rotisserie clearance. Not sure. I think the Silver B/C might have a larger cooking area but I'm not that familiar with the Spirit.

Good info above. If it was me, I would ditch the cabinet and fab in two crossmembers. One in the front and one in back that will shore up the frame after you remove the bottom panel. Or find one of the snap in type wire racks for the Silver B's and that is designed to shore up the frame.

But one issue I would be aware of is the missing tank scale. It may be missing because it never had one. That grill may have been a NG that was converted to LP. If so, it might not have been converted correctly and could be a blow torch when turned on high. Not sure if that is the case, but something to be aware off when you do hook it up and test it out.

But one issue I would be aware of is the missing tank scale. It may be missing because it never had one. That grill may have been a NG that was converted to LP. If so, it might not have been converted correctly and could be a blow torch when turned on high. Not sure if that is the case, but something to be aware off when you do hook it up and test it out.
I initially thought the same thing, but I looked closely at this pic and it has the tank bumper things and what looks like mounting scratches from the tank scale.

I'd check the sticker on the side and see if it indicates LP or NG to be sure.

1657331844972.png

Sticker is often on the outside of the control panel. If you can read anything on the gas section that's a good clue.
20220708_190650.jpg

B is smaller if space is an issue.
C has a side burner and the bottom storage is larger.
Cookbox and burners and grids and flav bars are identical and interchangeable between B and C
C needs an extra port on the manifold for the side burner
Some B's have this port capped off. Some don't. I haven't seen a pattern. You can use a Silver C manifold on a B if you cap off the port.

Cabinets can look nicer and do a good job of hiding "stuff"
Cabinets can hold moisture leading to rust.

I think the main difference between the Silver and the Spirit is the cookbox might sit a little higher above the table for rotisserie clearance. Not sure. I think the Silver B/C might have a larger cooking area but I'm not that familiar with the Spirit.
Thank you for all the info !! I will definitely have to make a decision as i will have too many grills lol. I like the cabinet but would still minimize anything i put underneath it.

Good info above. If it was me, I would ditch the cabinet and fab in two crossmembers. One in the front and one in back that will shore up the frame after you remove the bottom panel. Or find one of the snap in type wire racks for the Silver B's and that is designed to shore up the frame.

I kind of like the cabinet. Although not worrying about fixing a floor would be easier solution. I have found a couple potential donors. Waiting on pictures. As for the grill it is LP. I think when they took the tank off they took the scale also. I cant complain i got this grill for nothing 👍. I do like the C model im going to look at If it needs a floor i might not touch it. Im curious has anyone paid someone that welds and does sheet metal to make a floor ? Cost might be an issue

Bruce’s fix is a great one that substantially
reduces rust potential. You could, however, also do exactly what he did except reinsert the door hinge holders and stops into the new front frame piece and maintain a closed in cabinet. The bottom is the main weak point, and with Trex or similar you would have no worries. To work with front doors you woukd need to use z-bars to hold the Trex slats so that the frame is not covered up on top.

Back