Weber Genesis Platinum, I bought in Wausau,Wisconsin. Will be drastically modified.

I'm just kind of concerned about quality, I mean how good can it be for 32 bucks for 4 of them 🤔
Actually as much as I hate buying Chinese stuff there are cases where the quality is as good or better than others yet price is way low. I'd responded about something like this in a knife thread elsewhere here. I have some beautiful German knives Henkel. Wustorf and such. But I needed a couple others to round things out. And stumbled onto a set (from China of course) on Amazon for ridiculously low price (like $40 for a boxed set of 3). Honestly figured they'd be "OK" and good for "knock around" knives. But nooooo. These things are every bit the equal of the VERY expensive German stuff I have. So good in fact they're my "go to" ones. That I pick up first when I need a knife. I still shake my head at how beautifully they're made.
So, while much stuff from there is awful and very poorly made, you do get things that surprise the :poop: :poop: :poop: outta you

Yes, there are times I am surprised at the Chinese quality.
I'm not a buy American fanatic, I buy items based on cost and quality, I try to buy American made stuff but it's getting more difficult.

I can't find any weld on plates that are stainless.
Otherwise I can use stainless flat stock but I'll have to drill 16 holes.
There might be a food grade or a caster made for biotech made out of stainless but it would probably be pricey.

I would probably use a plastic plate or something non conductive between the two dissimilar metals

Back