Weber Genesis Platinum, I bought in Wausau,Wisconsin. Will be drastically modified.

I'm going to cut and shorten the manifold so the 3 burner valves will be in the center of their holes in the control panel.
Then I will have to shorten all 3 burner tubes so they will fit properly.
It's slot of work but in the long run worth it.
I wonder if the smaller firebox burners will fit.

The long ones are 29 and a 1/8 inch.
The shorter ones are a inch shorter.
It will be very close🤔

I could use a 8006 control panel and not cut my burner tubes but the control panel will be black 🤔

How tall is the cook?

Grate-wise, the 13er looks to be a good inch or so taller than the 5er it's replacing, and with the 5" casters your grates are gonna be maybe 6" or more off the deck over a stock Silver. Might be better to check with the cook and make sure she's ok with that. (y)

No very
Probably 5' 5"
She's fine with what ever I build her 😉
I may experiment with a Genesis 5/5000 manifold and control panel, then there would be no cutting of the burner tubes.
It will be easier to mock it up and get her approval first than weld it up and have to re-do it.

If I cut the manifold, it will be 3 or 4 inches from the cookbox, on the 2 brackets that bolt to the cookbox.
The valve spacing between valves is different from the early Gennies to the Silvers. I thought you were going to shorten the distance between valves.

Ok, it's your baby, you rock it.
That's what I plan to do.
This build is a little trial and error, there are no instructions on this build.
If I mess up now and then, I learn from that, if a guy's isn't messing up now and then, then he's not trying, just my humble opinion.
Follow along, this will get finished at some point, I'm in no hurry.
I got 4 other Webers I can use.

My background is in CAD and parametric modeling. It's a lot easier to change things on paper than in metal. I try to tack everything up before I commit because there are always "gotchas" and it seems like you only get one chance to do it right.

I'm enjoying this. I'll go back to lurking now. Carry on! Sorry for the interr.uption...the F word was a trigger.

Perhaps one way to avoid scale inside the manifold from welding would be to make a sleeve where it's cut and rejoin it with a sleeve then weld the sleeve external of the manifold itself. Once finished and painted I am sure it will be perfect

Back