Weber Genesis Platinum, I bought in Wausau,Wisconsin. Will be drastically modified.

🤔 not happening 😉
Maybe use some grill out handle mounts and look to round stock for a sweet metal or wooden handle? The poly ends wouldn’t conduct the heat and would open up a lot of options to choose from. Plus, I love the drop down look the grill out mounts give. It shows off more of those gorgeous Weber lids. Personally, I’d rather see the Snap-On lid used for a proper resto rather than a custom build but that’s just one man’s 2 cents.

Not perfect but the outside cleaned up nicely.View attachment 102582
My Snap-On is one of a few projects currently in the works. I don’t know if it’s just the lighting or not but yours seems to be a lighter red coloration than mine. It makes me wonder if they did more than one run on these possibly? FWIW - my pic is pre teardown where I just used a degreaser to make sure there were no scratches in the porcelain before dumping a bucket of rehab dollars at the project.IMG_1051.jpeg

Tom, that looks like a prime speciment of the SnapOn lid. Handle is in fabulous shape too.
She’ll be a good one. It looked just as good once I got the end caps off it. The aluminum is back from the blaster (along with components from 3 other grills) and awaiting paint as we speak. This will be the last pic I post about it here. I don’t want to hijack or take away any further from the custom build thread Mark has going here.IMG_1116.jpeg

Back