Weber Genesis II E310

That's gorgeous, Josh. Like new.
Thanks Tim! I gave it a good shine on the outside but it needs a lot to be a really nice grill. Heat shields flavor bars and grates are about to expire it's got some rust starting in the cabinet in different places. The markings around the knobs are almost completely worn off. I would have to invest at least 300 to make this really nice and at minimum two full days of work. Since I got it for free I'm just doing a quick shine and flip.

Sold $270.
If I would have completely redone it and it was the right time of year would have been easily $600+. Just worked out better this way and I need to move out some grills so I'm happy.

Thanks Josh,
I ordered the Hongso 17-1/8" x 3" Stainless Steel Flavorizer Bars you posted.
I order the used one. Hopefully I did not make a mistake. I have never bought used before.
Please let me know how they work out for you? If I see any deals on grates come up I will let you know. Sounds like you're waiting till next month at least but I'll keep my eye out.

There is an open box QuliMetal 7mm set for $57.96. it sounds like you're leaning towards 9 mm and I'm sure you will have no regrets but for about half the price the 7mm QuliMetal are very nice. I have bought both.

QuliMetal 18.75" Cooking Grates for Weber Genesis II 300 and Genesis II LX 300 Series Gas Grills, Genesis II E&S 310 315 320 325 340, Replacement Parts for Weber 66095, 304 Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08S7TSBWB?tag=tvwb-20

Thanks Josh,
Although I would like to try 9mm, the 7mm price is more tempting. What are the advantages of the 9mm over the 7mm besides the size. I have had the latter but never the 9mm.

Samuel biggest advantage of larger grates is for some (not my thing) better marking lines or "searing" as some call it. For me, I just like that they don't feel "flimsy" when cooking on them. The smaller rods just don't fell like they work as well overall. For the small difference in price on a "keeper" they're worth every penny. Just my $.02

The thing about the 9mm grates is that as long as you continue to use them a grill that is compatible with them, they will virtually never wear out...at least not in your lifetime. The are essentially the last gas grill grates you will ever need to buy.

The question that I would ask myself is how long do I plan on using the Genesis ii 300 series as my keeper Grill. If this Grill is going to be your forever Grill or you plan on the possibility of taking these grates to a different genesis ii 300 at some point the 9 mm QuliMetal might be your best option. On the other hand I have purchased multiple sets of the 7mm QuliMetal Grates and I could also argue that these are forever grates made of the same high quality 304 SS as the 9mm with tight spacing on the bars and excellent craftsmanship. I can promise you these are not flimsy by any means. I'm not trying to sell you on either but honestly whichever ones fit best in the budget of your grill would be the right choice for me and I would be happy to cook on either. The stainless steel from either of these is higher quality than what you get from Weber Genesis stainless steel grates and will last much longer. The stainless steel used on the summit grates seems to be high quality though. Just to be clear.

The one advantage I can think of to 9mm is thicker bar will maybe hold more heat for a sear.

Added Wheel insert.

Reseated the shelf and nogo. I attempted to bend it down only to slightly bend the top of the shelf. The more I messed with it the more that I started to think this was defect.

Genesis II E310 pic 18.jpgGenesis II E310 pic 19.jpg

Josh,
Received the Flavorizer bars, but I have to power wash the grill first. I am not going to make it pristine, but only clean it enough to where I can start grilling on it. I really like this grill, but seeing how much these are going for on marketplace is really tempting to flip it. However, I have flipped a grill only to have remorse later. I think if I was to flip it, I will never find a grill this new at such a good price (50 bones) again.

Thats always the problem..... I got attached to a Spirit/SilverB with the cabinet (NOT rusted out!) with SS doors (OOoooo -- shiny!) that needed the left table replaced (droopsy) - donor manifold (flame event) - swapped out black handled lid --- that was a pet project.... I put all the best parts on it from flipper grills that came thru. In the mean time I flipped several 'real' SilverBs with flip up tables in great shape for decent $$ that I should have kept. Still perfectly happy with my Spirit I two burner (its not rusting out yet!?!) so I'm gonna keep running it --- but cursing myself for flipping a BEAUTIFUL SilverA that I should have kept too -- one of the few grills I would have labeled a 'lifetime grill'. I wanted add too that for some reason I started to 'shun' the older grills with the stick thermometers on the right side of the lid in favor of the center mounted ones.... I'm not really sure why other that 'its newer and classier'..... a big mistake - it really doesn't make any difference.

Always searching for an upgrade - but there really isn't any reason to - its WEBERITIS !!! I'm happy with what I've gotten for free - there is absolutely NO *rational* reason to pay any $ for anything newer (I'd say better, but there is no 'better', just different). I still have an empty space in me that a 13 bar would fill nicely --- but it would be wasted on me and wouldn't get used much --- just like my B.

Last edited:
Yes Jim,
I completely understand how you feel about the Silver A. When I passed mine along to friend for his lake house, I was happy it was going to a good home. My friend says he and his grandchildren cook on it often. He seems very happy with it. I have offered to buy it back from him only to be turned down. He stated he will keep me in mind if he ever decides to replace it. Well at least I know where it is.

Back