Weber Genesis Griddle Insert

Dick Reynolds

TVWBB Member
I just ordered the griddle insert for my Weber 335. Heard good things about it and don't want a stand alone. Anybody tried this yet? Weber had it at $50 off. First one got posted in the wrong forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the one made of the same material as the Slate griddle? I finally saw a Slate at my local hardware store. I have often times thought of modding a genesis cart to take my 28" blackstone. The blackstone cart it is on is straight up garbage. Given it is the "portable" type. But rickety and super flimsy.

Yep, I just got one for my Silver B at $50 off a week or two ago. Still wasn't cheap, but I didn't want another cooking appliance on my patio. I looked at other brands for closer to $100, but decided to go with the Weber branded one.

1718998158710.png

1718998174021.png

1718998190217.png

I had a little flareup on the back flavorizer bar when I pushed the grease into the drain, but nothing too bad. Overall a tasty meal, but I needed a little more heat for the hashbrowns, and I needed it slightly cooler for the eggs. Not bad for the first try.

Looks like a great breakfast. Have you checked out "The Flat Top King" he's got an amazing amount of info (Youtube, website, and more) on all things griddle. He was a navy cook and captain's chef for years. He did some very positve reviews on the Weber inserts. Can't wait to get mine next week.

It’s only been a couple of weeks, but so far loving the Weber Crafted Griddle insert with my Searwood XL. Have so far done smash burgers, grilled onions, and bacon. Was able to do it at the same time I was grilling chicken and asparagus. It sure beat the frypan on the stovetop.

I'm trying to figure out which grill would be better for an insert...... E/W or N/S....?...? I keep thinking that a Spirit II 2 or 3 burner with its low lid would be perfect for a dedicated griddle.... but I don't know how a Silver A or B would be better or worse. Honestly, I would probably go with a half griddle/grill since I haven't ever griddled, but I'm thinking I should grab a grill and an insert to play with ---- some good smash burgers would be cool! Not that I'm gonna be making more than 4 at a time....

This is just me. I am a E/W burner guy. But, for a griddle, I would think N/S would be a better option to allow you more control to vary the heat across the grill, especially if you just use a half griddle and want to cook regular on one side and griddle on the other.

This is just me. I am a E/W burner guy. But, for a griddle, I would think N/S would be a better option to allow you more control to vary the heat across the grill, especially if you just use a half griddle and want to cook regular on one side and griddle on the other.
Same here. It would be better IMO though having not used a large griddle on my grills IDK and of course not owning an E/W grill anymore.....................

I just ordered the griddle insert for my Weber 335. Heard good things about it and don't want a stand alone. Anybody tried this yet? Weber had it at $50 off. First one got posted in the wrong forum.
I’ve had mine for bout a year. Use it all the time. I think it works better as my friends Blackstone. Heating is really even.
With the timing, I would venture a guess that the insert led to the Slate top.

I give it 5 out of 5.

Not being any kind of griddle expert (since I don't even have it yet) but my old Genesis A (2001-2022) was E/W and I hated that I had to fire up all burners to do a Tri Tip or multiple pieces. The new Genesis is N/S.

Not being any kind of griddle expert (since I don't even have it yet) but my old Genesis A (2001-2022) was E/W and I hated that I had to fire up all burners to do a Tri Tip or multiple pieces. The new Genesis is N/S.
You don't have to fire all 3. You fire the front one first always. That's it. Besides, on ANY grill you always should pre-heat with ALL burners then once stabilized turn down/off as needed.

Back