Weber Genesis 2000

ELarson

I have a Genesis 2000 that was purchased new in 1996 and has been meticulously maintained since. Includes all the parts, a cover and even the owners manual. I would like to sell or trade for a propane Weber but have no idea what it’s worth. Suggestions?

Some pictures would help. Is the grill NG and you are wanting to switch fuel sources? Or are you just wanting a newer grill? Me personally I would keep the grill and convert to LP if you were just wanting to switch over to LP. The grill you have is a solid grill that will last a lifetime if maintained which it sounds like it has.

I agree, if you just want an LP grill instead of NG, then just convert that one to LP. It is just a matter of swapping manifolds. The cost would be under $50 rather than buying a new "Made in China" grill for $750 that probably won't outlast the one you have now.

EDIT: You will probably want the tank scale and mount as well if you convert it. But, still, you should be able to get it done for about $50.

I third that! It’s better built than much of anything else out there, Bruce and rich Dahl walked me through a rehabbing of one about that age, it’s a wonderful grill. I generally use my kettles but, there are times when a gasser is just what you need/want!
For 50 bucks, I’d just clean and tweak!

Yah, I agree in just keeping it and just change out the manifold and add a tank scale. If it's meticulously maintained then it probably is in better condition than most of what you'll find out there on FB/CS/Offer Up.

I agree with the above comments. I still have my 1998 gen 1000LX (now a 2000) that I bought new. It's a great grill you won't find anything out their that's better. Converting to propane like stated above is very easy and inexpensive. A used manifold, a new regulator and a tank scale and your done.
If you ask there are many on here who have an abundance of spare parts and can most likely help you out. I used to flip grills but there just aren't any near me anymore, so my spare parts are mostly small items.

Back