Weber GA kabob attachment

$179 definitely isn't cheap but it actually looks like a pretty nicely engineered piece. Apparently the company that makes it is MAL Electronics and it appears to possibly be a German firm, so I'd probably feel pretty comfortable shelling out the money if I was thinking about it.

I'm not an engineer but I've stayed in Holiday Inns before, so my guess is that it's a completely gear-driven system in order to eliminate a belt or chain drive. At least that's how I'd design it.;)

When George Curtis was active, he always posted about the GA and gave cool links from Germany.

Chris, you are killing me here. None of these attachments are available to me here in Canada. I have bought some metal strips to try and make a low riser that I can cut the notches in to use the kabob skewers on.

Chris, you are killing me here. None of these attachments are available to me here in Canada. I have bought some metal strips to try and make a low riser that I can cut the notches in to use the kabob skewers on.
Sorry about that!

One of these is high on my list as I love kebabs.

I mainly use my GA for kebabs and I don't use any third party equipment. I just use my regular weber skewers that came with the attachment for the rotisserie. I find that the longer ones lay perfectly across the surface (without the grill grate) and this still affords me enough space to place the lid directly on the flat skewers if needed.

Attachments

• tempImagerIFyFC.png
    tempImagerIFyFC.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Hmmm, I may have that exact set. I have so much stuff it may take some time to locate it. But if one is handy, one could be made. Man, I gotta go check all my stuff. But yea, most folks just get flat skewers as shown.

I just bought longer, flat bladed skewers that sit on the rim of the grill. I have to be careful not to overfill the grill with coals, and turn frequently (as you must anyway with flat koftas) , but it works ok.

Getting the meat to stick on the blades was the difficult bit.

In case anyone was looking for a low cost way to rise and grill some skewers on a Weber GA, I've always just bought Kingsford Heavy Duty All-Purpose Aluminum Pans that come in 15. 75" X 11. 25" X 2. 63" dimensions. Usually come in a set of 4, cut the bottom out and when flipped over it sits nicely ontop the Weber GA. Really cheap way to get somthing that when inverted sits ontop the Weber GA nicely and provides a raised elevation (~70mm ontop the Weber GA- you could easily find a way to get more elevation if needed) for your skewers to sit ontop of so you dont have to turn as often or worry about burning as easy. I used one for a long time until it got thrown out by accident, but since it comes in a 4pack for cheap I had 3 others and just cut out the bottom again.

I should have posted a while back Lidl had a perfect size rack for $5. Also a veggie basket 2 for about same price.
1659572536804.png
1659572829409.png

Back