Weber Fan & WSM Newbie

R.Sturg

I have been smoking on my Weber Performer for over 5 years and wanted to step up my game so I purchased a 22.5 this fall and love it. I read all the postings about how consistent they are and the success of the end product. I have made over 5 pork shoulders, 8 racks of ribs and a turkey on it so far the testimonials are true. It ran a little hot on the first couple of cooks, but ever since it is consistent as heck. When leading up the the purchase of this unit, I was convinced by the adage "Go big or go home". Well, it may be too big for just two people. I put a 14.5 on my Christmas wish list to be able to run smaller cooks a little more easily.

I love the site, the information share by everyone! Thanks for all that you do.

RSS

Welcome! I have 2 18.5 WSMs at home and just recently was able to see a 22.5 up close in person and Jebus i didn't realize how big those things are! One of those is definitely on my Wish List now. Looking forward to seeing pics of anything you throw on that thing!

I'm a huge Performer user, but when my cheep electric tried to burn down the house I picked up an 18.5 Now I'm looking for the 22.5 there's only 2 of us here most of the time, so the 18.5 and the Performer will be the work horses, but I could sure use the 22.5 when the whole fam damaly comes over.

Looking forward to seeing your cooks.

You got the best of both of both worlds, welcome. I would like to point out however you have missed out on the best charcoal invention Weber ever made....:) the 26.75:) just sayin!

Back