Weber Family Portraits

mike, i need to expand my area but i'm worried to pour concrete. did you place yer pavers over gravel or sand ? nice family ya got there.

Hi George.

I just put together the cooking area with the 2 OTG's this afternoon. Here's what I did:

<LI> Put down some tarp so the grass couldn't grow in between the cracks. I find weed mesh/landscape fabric doesn't work.
<LI> Spread crushed gravel on top of the tarp to make the surface level.
<LI> Then I threw on the pavers and that's it. Really easy!

Did the same last year with the area where my propane grill & smoker is. No weeds or grass growing through!

After 2 or so years of bumping around CL and having various kettles in and out of the stable I have finally settled into 2 go-to's. Both were bought new with proceeds from my various CL restores and finds.

I can't say enough about my new 22WSM, often times I needed more space than my old 18 gave me. One brisket looks lonely on there but I get asked to cook butts for various fundraisers, parties, etc and this one can fit a bunch.

Not pictured is my LP Go-Anywhere, robbed of it's wood handles which landed here:
wsmsmile8gm.gif

100_2234.jpg

Originally posted by DaleW:
Backyard patio almost done, so I can post my 2 member family photo:
web.jpg

22.5 WSM in its own little alcove and a built in 26.75 kettle. Way overkill, I know, but SWMBO likes it. I do too....

Dale - I like this idea! Can you post more pictures of you setup? thanks

A little update to my family. I have recently added another smokey joe silver that I dug out of my inlaws garage. Also My freind and cookin partner Pat Smith sent me a green smokey joe gold. Lastly another cl find, 18" wsm that really was never used. The wsm is shared custody with Pat. It will be part of my family and the lake family. One day we will have to try and get both families together and get a picture.
Black-sjs.jpg

Green-sjg.jpg

NewWSM.jpg

Hey Steve
Is that the green smokey on top of the Performer? Its hard to see the color with the lighting and shadows...do you have another pic of it?

Jeff,
Yes that is the green smokey joe gold. I will see what I can do to get a better pick. The black smokey joe has a date code of L on it. Kind of surprised me for the shape it is in. I have a feeling it wasn't used much.

Dale - I like this idea! Can you post more pictures of you setup? thanks
I will do that Matt. Couple more things to go before it's finished, but when it is I'll give you some different angles. Any particular aspect you're interested in?

Right now, I have a gasser and an OTG and would like to had a WSM. This morning, my wife and I were discussing that matter and she thought I was a little crazy. Thank you guys, with all the pictures I just showed her in this thread, she downgraded me to "normal guy".

Fred

Here's my competition family. The only one that's not here is the 18 OTG.

This contest is one of the very last using this setup. I'm buying a 20 foot toy hauler that will let me get the guys off the ground.

Hope this picture thingy works. (Edit: knew I wouldn't get it right the first time)

PA080109.jpg

Russ

Russ, you looked too relaxed. Man if I had all those wires around my cookers I would certainly fall and break my neck. Not to mention drop my turn in boxes. Unique idea tho, electrified WSMs.

Mark

That's not me. That was the guy behind me who was cooking. I'm behind the camera. Here's a different perspective which shows my whole setup.

PA080108.jpg

Russ

Originally posted by Russ Sylvester:
That's not me. That was the guy behind me who was cooking. I'm behind the camera. Here's a different perspective which shows my whole setup.

PA080108.jpg

Russ

Cool set up. What toyhauler you gonna get? I have a 26ft Eclipse attitude and I love it. It is heavy though at 8k pounds dry.

Back