Weber Family Portraits

My large, extended family. Old ones, young ones, short ones, tall ones, big ones, little ones. Many more, such as the blue Performers, live elsewhere with friends and relatives. I don't have room for all of them. Obviously, my signature line has been outdated for a long time.

Click to enlarge.

PS, that's the cover in the background. Covers all of 'em at once...

Doug, That's quite a beautiful family you have... and I'm sure you're proud of each and every one of them!
icon_biggrin.gif

Congratulations!!

Hey, Doug. Great collection! I particularly like those old Smokey Joes with the top vent attached to the off-set handle. Very neat. Particularly the one with the speckled finish.

-Mike

Thanks, guys. I do think they are pretty cool. I was in a hurry to post the pics the other day, so now will add some info. If you click the thumb, then click the main image, you can see a huge zoomed pic to check out details.

Those old Smokey Joes are pretty neat. I think the brown is the oldest, check out the legs - a triangular bottom piece, in the eyehooks at the bottom of the legs. I think a previous owner painted it the brown color, because the interior also is the black with white speckles.

The SJP/Jumbo Joe has a gray lid, with a black bottom. I know they made gray, because the 18.5" OTS behind the black Performer is gray lid and bowl. If it were sunfade, the bowl would be black, but it is gray all the way down.

That is a 26.75" behind the WSM.

The maroon and the red Performers are in nearly new condition, just absolutely fantastic. The maroon's caster wheels have been replaced since the pic, as well as red's missing thermometer.

Red one at right front is a Mastertouch, w/ lid therm and SlideAside (thanks J.K.). Lid darkens at the bowl, whereas the red Performer (thanks M.N.) is just bright red.

Red at right rear is very old: note the small size vent holes on the lid, and the small 1/2" vent control tab. It has rubber tires on steel wheels. Two rivets hold the wood handle on, rather than one as on later versions, so I have not been able to repair the old wood handles. Metal handles on the bowl, but no thumbscrews holding the legs on. Early to mid 70s?

Not pictured (living elsewhere) are: 3 blue SS Performers, 1 black SS Performer, 1 blue plastic Performer, a 18.5" classic WSM, a new 18.5" WSM, and a Q320 that lives at my parents house. My parents were gonna buy a little gas Aussie at Target, and I said not a chance!

Also not pictured: 3 W torches (2 black, 1 SS), 1 W rotissiere, 4 black W lanterns, 2 red W lanterns, 1 W 10 slab rib rack new in old box, 1 W 5 slab rib rack new in old box, 1 W 10 slab rib rack for use, an old W Corn N Tater ring, 1 W rib rack, 2 W chimneys, an extra Performer LP tank.

I have missed out on CL: an electric 70's kettle; a gas 70's kettle; and a Seville, but still trying/looking.

Weber collecting is a fun little hobby, much cheaper than fishing, hunting, golfing, old cars, old motorcycles, travel etc, or many other hobbies that people spend money on. Plus the food is fantastic!

Originally posted by doug ep:
Weber collecting is a fun little hobby, much cheaper than fishing, hunting, golfing, old cars, old motorcycles, travel etc, or many other hobbies that people spend money on. Plus the food is fantastic!
So, you haven't got the bill from your psychiatrist yet?
icon_biggrin.gif

This is the first time any of my Webers have seen any of their siblings:

DSCF4878.JPG

Master Touch Gold, Q320, WSM, Go Anywhere, Smokey Joe Silver.

I've separated them again now to avoid any sibling rivalry.

-Mark.

Very Cool Justin... the colours of your collection fit right in with your last name... green bananas (my favourite) for later... yellow bananas for now.
I have not seen a black banana, but that's a good thing.
BTW, excellent thread you started!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Finally got around to taking a picture. All of these acquired since I sold my Black Platinum to make room for a Hasty-Bake. Then I started hanging around on these forums a little too much. The one thing the photo doesn't capture is how different each shade of red is.

IMG_1809.jpg

-Mike

how how how the heck did ya get those !? i'm soooo enviouse!

Originally posted by M Rudko:
Finally got around to taking a picture. All of these acquired since I sold my Black Platinum to make room for a Hasty-Bake. Then I started hanging around on these forums a little too much. The one thing the photo doesn't capture is how different each shade of red is.

IMG_1809.jpg

-Mike

WeberFamily005.jpg

WeberFamily003.jpg

I see its been awhile since anyone has shown any recent additions to their collection. My new additions have included a 22" yellow kettle, a 1974 (I think) new brown Smokey Joe with the black and white speckled inside, and a new (old style) 26" BLUE kettle. The story behind this is that I was lucky enough to meet a Weber employee. He found some old stock kettle bowl and lid in the warehouse for the 26" older grill. He had Weber spray this grill blue. He fitted it with new style legs, wheels, and one touch system. I suppose you could call this grill 1 of 1 since Weber only made it originally in brown, black, and red.

Beautiful collections, thanks for sharing them.
Hey Jeff, I am on a mission to find a yellow 22. You better lock it up.
icon_mad.gif

In my search I found an original 70's spring green, not in great shape like your cookers though.
I also came across an original, I mean original aluminum buoy with the red stand. It was missing the lid. I didn't even know what I was looking at back then, what a drag. I still lose sleep over that loss. Good night.
icon_frown.gif

I'm with George - can't a moderator do something about this kind of behavior? Joking aside - that 26" is very sharp - would be nice to see Weber offer the new 26" in blue (or any other color for that matter).

i talked to weber about some mistakes on their new home page. i also asked the gal to go to the top guys and kick them in the rear so that they will start offering the u.s. some colors. the gal said she didn't know why they don't and was cracking up saying she would love to but job and all that.

Back