Weber E6 Kamado….ArborFab charcoal basket for the win!

SSmith

TVWBB Fan
Just got my custom ArborFab WSM charcoal grate. Ordered a basket 15” 3/8 x 5” tall and it fits perfect! This will work quite nicely. I believe my upgrades are complete for the moment. Will be using ceramic half moons for heat deflectors when needed (don’t really care for the Weber diffuser as it holds liquids to a point). The basket rests on the four tabs in the bottom of the kamado.

Attachments

• E01108E8-21FB-4BF1-93F8-45E593336C8A.jpeg
    E01108E8-21FB-4BF1-93F8-45E593336C8A.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 13F13BF5-4D98-4B5D-B0B3-834F931D7EA5.jpeg
    13F13BF5-4D98-4B5D-B0B3-834F931D7EA5.jpeg
    251.7 KB · Views: 117
  • BDCBEF17-FB04-426A-A99F-3A5137CF3E39.jpeg
    BDCBEF17-FB04-426A-A99F-3A5137CF3E39.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 115
  • 5648D9B4-C20F-40F8-9C45-D6D45F2FB8D8.jpeg
    5648D9B4-C20F-40F8-9C45-D6D45F2FB8D8.jpeg
    251.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 88DF4DC5-FE46-4CB0-8353-DF6DFDE0F2D8.jpeg
    88DF4DC5-FE46-4CB0-8353-DF6DFDE0F2D8.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 116
Just got my custom ArborFab WSM charcoal grate. Ordered a basket 15” 3/8 x 5” tall and it fits perfect! This will work quite nicely. I believe my upgrades are complete for the moment. Will be using ceramic half moons for heat deflectors when needed (don’t really care for the Weber diffuser as it holds liquids to a point). The basket rests on the four tabs in the bottom of the kamado.
I've been very happy with my arborfab since getting it for my WSM. Makes using lump charcoal much friendlier since you don't lose as much through the grate before it burns out.

Hope it works well for you.

Nice. How thick is the mesh? What grade of stainless?
I think they state 304 stainless, and it's about a 1/16 of an inch thick. The holes are half inch or thereabouts. They are located in southeast Michigan and make them in house, so it is genuine USA made stuff. Cold brew coffee filters and kits too if you are into that.

I think they state 304 stainless, and it's about a 1/16 of an inch thick. The holes are half inch or thereabouts. They are located in southeast Michigan and make them in house, so it is genuine USA made stuff. Cold brew coffee filters and kits too if you are into that.
Thanks.

An E6 is on my some day maybe list so it's good to keep up with the cool add ons.

I'll bet that thing can cook for days in a kamado! I can attest to arborfab as well. I use one of their baskets in my WSM 14 and my brew kettle all the time. Also have a basket for my WSM 18 but haven't used that one.

Not a problem. They take custom orders too, so I you have an idea for one of your other grills, give them a call.
Thanks. My kids gave me a kick ash basket for Christmas for my BGE and it's fantastic. Shake and go. I expect these will be the same for an E6.

Thanks. My kids gave me a kick ash basket for Christmas for my BGE and it's fantastic. Shake and go. I expect these will be the same for an E6.
If you get one with the bottom welded on and a handle welded in place, they are. Any residual coal is separated from the ash if they are big enough to be reused.

It was an additional $50.00 for the custom build. Basically, $25 for the smaller diameter bottom and $25 for the shortened height since they had to adjust the shear on their machine. I was ok with that.

I have the Kick Ash Basket for my BGE but replaced it with the BGE stainless charcoal basket. So, I was using the KAB for the E6 before I got the ArborFab custom unit.

Hi, i like this. do you have web address or email contact for the supplier please?

Hi, i like this. do you have web address or email contact for the supplier please?
I just sent them an email requesting a custom fab on a WSM basket. 15” 3/8 x 5” tall was the measurements I used and I am very happy with how it fits my Weber. Just double check the measurements to make sure it is right for yours as well.

I figure if enough people request one, he just might make it a regular offering and it wouldn’t be a custom size anymore.

How much was the shipping? I was going to buy a $22 minion basket for my WSM but the shipping was $19.82. I almost called 911 to report an attempted robbery.

I am debating to go this route or a WSM 18 ring (or some kind of stainless basket that fits). Not sure I want to drop 130ish bucks on it tho :) O dod email them and ask if they would do a special run or stock the item to keep costs down.

Back