Smokefire software also updated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230502_110807_Weber.jpg
    Screenshot_20230502_110807_Weber.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20230502_111605_Weber.jpg
    Screenshot_20230502_111605_Weber.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 8
I did a quick cook yesterday. Really liking what I see so far. Now I'm looking forward to a longer smoke so I can really test it out.

I used it Friday. Very responsive to any temp changes I tried. You can actually watch the degrees rise one degree increment at a time. I think the older version only went by five degree increments.... Love the graph feature. Was able to watch two briskets and how they cooked in relation to their size. Really nice update for the App and Smoker software

I noticed that the probes were extremely responsive to temperature changes. But the pit temp not so much. I was just testing it out and I opened and closed the hood a few times. The probes picked it up and I watched them drop and rise almost instantly. The pit temp stayed solid. I also moved the probes around from different things that I had on the grill. Again, the probe temp was nearly instant. The pet temp didn't change again while I was moving probes around. Is it just me? Either way, it is a very solid upgrade to the app and I liked what I saw. I'm going to do a tri-tip tonight and fool with it some more.

Well damn they actually listened to us. The new Connect 2.0 tells you where your SmokeFire is in the updating process. Before we had to guess if something was actually happening.

I’m very impressed so far. OK time to get some meat in that bad boy and try it out. IMG_4285.png

I noticed that the probes were extremely responsive to temperature changes. But the pit temp not so much. I was just testing it out and I opened and closed the hood a few times. The probes picked it up and I watched them drop and rise almost instantly. The pit temp stayed solid. I also moved the probes around from different things that I had on the grill. Again, the probe temp was nearly instant. The pet temp didn't change again while I was moving probes around. Is it just me? Either way, it is a very solid upgrade to the app and I liked what I saw. I'm going to do a tri-tip tonight and fool with it some more.
The ambient probes readings are raw data so they measure all changes as they happen. The pit thermocouple feeds through the PID circuit on the board. It sets a range around your set temp. As long as the temp stays in that range the indicated temp doesn't change. I hope that's clear enough.

Back