Weber charcoal heat controller, the Weber Vortex?

Since the diffuser sits so close to the grate you won't be able to add a pan for water or drippings. Post some results when you smoke something.

I jump on the new weber toy... trying it out.. it was a drunk purchase the other night. I'm looking to maximize space on the 22 kettle and use as much as it as I can. I will be cooking low and slow. I will this have this paired with my pit viper and fireboard 2. I'll post a test run. If it sucks I'm returning it lol this is usually how i have it set up20230313_130106.jpg

Attachments

• 20230319_122208.jpg
    20230319_122208.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20230313_211738_FireBoard.jpg
    Screenshot_20230313_211738_FireBoard.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 8
It say's "currently unavailable". What was the price? The other products prices are nuts.
Looks like seller Island Outdoor LLC has it available on Amazon.
Vortex Baffle. $54.99

I bought my Vortex - medium $43.00 from the same seller.

So the Vortex with the baffle is about 2.00 less, & IMHO the Vortex + baffle is a better setup than the Weber knockoff.

I am a Weber enthusiast when it comes to the grills & their grates. However, third party accessories & tools seem to be better & often higher quality lower priced than Weber branded tools/ accessories. The Weber chimney starter is the exception.

Last edited:
I jump on the new weber toy... trying it out.. it was a drunk purchase the other night. I'm looking to maximize space on the 22 kettle and use as much as it as I can. I will be cooking low and slow. I will this have this paired with my pit viper and fireboard 2. I'll post a test run. If it sucks I'm returning it lol this is usually how i have it set upView attachment 67824
I set up my indirect with "bro n Sear. Fire bricks & cover the cool side grates with stainless half moon drip pan works very well.
The image below is an example without the basket , but is a very effective set up for 2 zone low & slow
smoking-on-weber-bricks.jpg

About 1” from the diffuser to the top surface of the grate on my MasterTouch. The vortex is 12” wide across the bottom and ~8” across the top. I compared my original “medium” sized vortex to the Weber and the Weber is comparable in sturdiness the the Vortex.

View attachment 67735

View attachment 67736

View attachment 67737

View attachment 67738View attachment 67739

View attachment 67740

View attachment 67741

View attachment 67742
Thanks for the comparison photos.

I have the same black metal charcoal bucket.

Back