When my son was in Scouts, we were to go on an outing. You all know the motto "Be Prepared". The Scout Master had all the kids open up newspaper rip them into strips about 3" wide, The roll them up and tie them off with some string. After the kids got all the logs done, we took a old tin coffee can put it on a electric hot plate, put a box of paraffin wax in to the can and let it melt. Using a pair of tongs the kids put their little paper logs in to the can, left them in for a minute or so and pulled them out. Placed them on a cookie sheet to dry. They make excellent fire starters and we used them for the outing. Now to the point of my story, I've been using them for years to start my charcoal. I put a couple of pieces of news paper in the bottom of my chimney, light the paraffin log and set the chimney on top of it. works great. In two hours you can make enough logs to last you a couple of years. They even work when it's damp!