Weber Charcoal $6.99 20lbs bags at True Value

Some guys in various Facebook groups said they were able to call Home Depot to place and order for this charcoal and the rep priced matched the $6.99. I tried that this morning and it did not work for me...the lady said the lowest she could adjust the price was to $17.99.

Okay, just called Home Depot for online ordering (800-430-3376), asked if they price match. The guy said not only do we price match, we will beat it. I say alright, True Value has Weber 20 lb charcoal on sale 6.99/bag. He asks me for the model number (which is 17950) and the website, Truevalue.com or whatever it is. I give him that information and he says, wow, that's a lot cheaper...how many bags do you want? I say 4 bags and he says they will price match and ship it. Then he says, you know what, I can do $4 a bag for you! I say change that to 7 bags please. So total $29.82 including tax for 7 20 lb bags of Weber charcoal to be delivered here free of charge. Anyway, thought I'd post here so others can give it a go. I'm pretty happy with that. You think that much charcoal will be okay in my garage here in hot, humid SW Florida? Gonna take me a bit to burn through it. Thanks so much for the heads up!
home depot charcoal.jpg

Last edited:
Right? I'm interested to see if it works for anyone else. I was just hoping for a price match, but wasn't turning down $4 a bag. Kind of regretting not ordering 10 bags now...guy caught me off guard.

Okay, just called Home Depot for online ordering (800-430-3376), asked if they price match. The guy said not only do we price match, we will beat it. I say alright, True Value has Weber 20 lb charcoal on sale 6.99/bag. He asks me for the model number (which is 17950) and the website, Truevalue.com or whatever it is. I give him that information and he says, wow, that's a lot cheaper...how many bags do you want? I say 4 bags and he says they will price match and ship it. Then he says, you know what, I can do $4 a bag for you! I say change that to 7 bags please. So total $29.82 including tax for 7 20 lb bags of Weber charcoal to be delivered here free of charge. Anyway, thought I'd post here so others can give it a go. I'm pretty happy with that. You think that much charcoal will be okay in my garage here in hot, humid SW Florida? Gonna take me a bit to burn through it. Thanks so much for the heads up!
View attachment 8143

That's awesome. The lady I spoke with wasn't very helpful and I wasn't able to get the deal. She took all of my information and after 30 min of back and forth she said the best she could do was $17.99/bag, ugh. Glad you got it. I noticed it says out of stock again on Tru Value website, hoping it comes back in stock and maybe I'll try again and see if I get a better rep.

10 bags just shipped tonight! The lady on the phone wasn’t going to do the price match because True Value doesn’t ship to homes. I asked about the ‘ship to store’ option since TV and Home Depot both have that available. She paused. Checked on some rules and decided to give me the price match. As she was entering the order she got a message from someone saying that the price match was against policy since none of my True Value stores has the ‘ship to store’ option right now. She honored the deal anyway but said I wouldn’t be able to get it again. She only put me down for 1 bag at first. I asked if I could get more. She paused and asked how many I wanted. I thought about what to request then decided to go for 10 bags since that‘s the limit Home Depot has on an online order. She entered the number and the computer accepted it.

Just in time. I’m down to my last bag from my $5 Target haul two years ago.

FEEBF847-FCEE-4F33-9E72-B91BB22F0544.jpeg

Back