weber briquettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee-Rowlands

TVWBB Member
All you lucky people out there in the US can get your hands on some tried and tested charcoal, namely Kingsford.
The UK charcoal options are a bit more hit and miss and I was wondering if any of you guys had used the weber briquettes and how you rate them?

Can you find any lump charcoal? Might be better only because it is a natural product not processed like briquettes. I have not used webber but they do have a good name.

lee
There is differences in all the different charcoal out there. You will need to adjust settings of the bottom vents, but the basics are still the same.
I have not used Weber Charcoal it would be interesting to see who is making it.
Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lee-rowlands:
I was wondering if any of you guys had used the weber briquettes and how you rate them? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Weber briquettes are no longer available here in the U.S. I have used them before, and they were hardwood charcoal with minimal binders and worked quite well. A very large briquette, too. But not as hot or long lasting as Kingsford, of course.

Regards,
Chris

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to try some weber briquettes I think and just see how it goes with them for a while.
I'm also looking into having a pallet of kingsford shipped over to the UK, my only problem then would be where to put it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back