Weber Briquettes are back on weber.com!

J Grotz

TVWBB Wizard
Several threads across multiple fora (forums?) have discussed the future of Weber Briquettes. Farm and Fleet had a BOGO sale and True Value currently has an online sale of $6.99, $8 off their regular price. Close out prices at the beginning of the season are usually not a good sign. I wrote Weber and asked if the Briquettes were being discontinued, but did not receive a response. Also, while there were still informational pages about the Briquettes on weber.com, the actual product page with price ($19.99), part no., specs, etc. had been removed. Well, that page is back and with a new, lower price of $14.99. Bad news, it's listed as currently unavailable.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/accessories/cooking/charcoal-accessories/17950.html?cgid=1341#start=1

I have 5 bags on order with True Value, which will bring my stash up to a dozen. I'm still a rookie compared with the stockpile Jim Lampe has laid in!

ce8710b6-f3d9-4e32-98f5-8522c6781b39-jpeg.5434

Yep. Out of stock on Weber and True Value Hardware for me. Has anyone tried ABT?
Yes I have used ABT twice specifically to get Weber Briquettes, 3 bags each time to get to free shipping. I don't have a single negative thing to say about ABT. I will be getting 3 more bags here shortly from them.

Yes I have used ABT twice specifically to get Weber Briquettes, 3 bags each time to get to free shipping. I don't have a single negative thing to say about ABT. I will be getting 3 more bags here shortly from them.

Never heard of them until now. Looks like a decent vendor according to the web site.

I bought a pallet of the charcoal last month. I do not expect Weber to keep the supply going in the US because it has been such a poor seller. A Weber Alliance dealer offered a one-time deal to order a pallet for me for $5 bag. Very generous.

When I was in Denmark, I cooked with the Weber briquettes there, which differ—ridges on the surface. It started much faster than the American version but lasted about the same amount of time.

Sad to see a great product fade away.

Back