Weber Badge Restore

John-NY

TVWBB Super Fan
Do I have to use High Temp paint, or has anyone had luck with just the regular 2x Rustoleum? Thanks!

I've only used the hi heat ultra on the emblems, which works great of course. I've wondered myself if the 2x would hold up but have never tried it.

I know that Jon used Testors model paint to paint the kettle red on a couple badges. But, I think the top coated with a clear high temp. From what I hear, they held up just fine after several uses.

I’ll remember these for the future. My current issue is that I already applied the 2x and then went “oh crap…” and then came right here to ask if I dun goofed.

Looks good to me. Here's one I started on, I like to sand them before I paint them to give the paint less of a surface to hang on to when I do the final sanding. I still have to paint and clearcoat it.20221107_194546.jpg

What type of mechanical fasteners are used to re attach the badge to the lid?

I don’t want to use high heat/ rtv silicone.

Type/ spec and where I can buy theses fasteners would be appreciated.

Tom's way is cooler if you have a tap and die set, otherwise take the badge to Ace hardware with you and match it up with the right size of those push nuts like Bruce says. That's the way I do mine too. You will find them in the little bins by the nuts and bolts .

Tom's way is cooler if you have a tap and die set
You can buy an individual 1/4-20 M5 die at Harbor Freight and run it all the way down the stud with a wrench. I know it's not the recommended way to run a die, but for threading an aluminum stud, it would work fine. Then you never have to mess around with push nuts again.

I went to our local mom and pop hardware which is a nice store btw.

This is the best I could get and I made it work, but I wanted to procure the right fasteners in case I ever wanted to remove the badge.

37F45D51-CA45-43F2-8D84-B4C239A964EF.jpeg93F1921F-9EA4-4E67-99D7-E8D21F6279A7.jpegA7E85AAC-330C-4C16-8BD2-F82D9E262085.jpeg
The badge is holding tight for now- been on a few months so far no problems with the star washer badge holder mod…

Last edited:

Back