Weber announces sneak peek to 2012

M. Chesney

TVWBB Fan
All-

Caught this on the Weber Facebook site. Weber is providing a sneak peak to their lineup for 2012. Most of these are accessories but they do provide a preview of the new performer which comes in more color options and whether or not you want the gas assisted ingnitor.

http://2012sneakpeek.weber.com/

Mike

Some of the accessories look really nice:

I particularly like the Plancha (Cast-Iron, bay-bee!)
An I could also put the fish basket to good use.

I would really like to see the Performer return to the stainless table model from years back. It looks more upscale and sturdier to me. The thermoset table are ok for the gassers. The new owners don't seem to "get" what Weber customers want.

There really isn't much to get excited about from Weber this new year. Good thing too...I gave them enough money in 2011.

they brought back the rack that can be used as a rib or roast rack and its now ss. the beer can chicken holder is still not stainless. i got a whole pile of stuff that was not ss and later rusted. i no longer buy stuff unless its ss, which after the fact, is cheaper. some stuff is just to fancy and i'm not sure its that useful. i'm a bit puzzled by the plancha. wouldn't plain ci be better ? how is that porcelain covering going to last under high heat ? the sj bag is interesting and hope its not to pricy. as to the fish baskets, i hope the ss helps in being able to clean them cuz thats a lot of contact area with all that looping. hope to see the new stuff at the stores. maybe it'll be better than i think.

I like the sausage tongs. Can't tell you how many weiners I've had roll off on me while tailgating.

Originally posted by Ron G.:
Some of the accessories look really nice:

I particularly like the Plancha (Cast-Iron, bay-bee!)
An I could also put the fish basket to good use.
I do like the intial look of the Weber Plancha. I wish they had come out with it sooner as I purchased La-Plancha. The only problem I see with it, is that some kind of drain hole in the center? If so, I use a lot of oils in my La-Plancha and the oils would just drip out.
I do use it quite often. It is large and hard to properly clean, plus storage is a little tough. But over all, it is a very good tool to grill with.

Originally posted by Dan Moore:
I like the looks of the Smokey Joe bag. Now I can take my SJS without having it fall over.

Yep. Gonna have to see about getting one of those. Looks real handy.

Originally posted by JamesH:
I like the sausage tongs. Can't tell you how many weiners I've had roll off on me while tailgating.

They are a really good idea.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll come out with some sort of thermoset side table or cart for WSMs. I love the table I have for my kettle.

I do like the intial look of the Weber Plancha.
Originally posted by JLevitan:

'I wish they had come out with it sooner as I purchased La-Plancha. The only problem I see with it, is that some kind of drain hole in the center? If so, I use a lot of oils in my La-Plancha and the oils would just drip out.
I do use it quite often. It is large and hard to properly clean, plus storage is a little tough. But over all, it is a very good tool to grill with.'

I purchased a LaPlancha two years ago and on first inspection, I knew it would be a bear to clean due to the rough 'non-stick' surface. Before I used it, I seasoned it with melted shortening and now it really is non-stick and very easy to clean as well. But it is really heavy and its size means storing it in the shed.

They had most of that stuff on the shelves at the ace hardware near my fathers house a couple days ago. I bought him one of those small stainless steel grill baskets. Felt/looked like a very quality piece of work in person and seemed worth the $20 bucks. I almost bought one of those fish baskets but I think the smallest one was $30 bucks and I only had a $50 on me.

The only thing that caught my eye was the Smokey Joe carry bag. I might have to treat myself to that once the stores carry it.

Back