Weber 7576 Smoker Box - Anyone Have Input?

Chris Nauman

TVWBB Member
I have a Weber Genesis EP-330 and I'm debating whether or not to spend the money on one vs using a soup can or other similar method.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you in advance,
Chris

weber_ss_smoker_box_-_7576.jpg

If your grill has a place for a smoker box, go for it. When I had my gasser, if I wanted smoke, I'd just wrap the chips in foil, poke a lot of holes then toss on a burner under the grate.

From what I've tried on the gassers the vent at the back is too big and can't be controlled so all the smoke goes out the back and does not get on whatever you are cooking - but it does smell good when your out there cooking. So its up to you if you want to spend the money on it or do what Bill said and use foil packs

Thanks guys, ended up doing the tin can method... time will tell if it makes a difference, but it does smell good.

A little late, but I have the Weber 7576 Smoker Box that I use on the Q320 and the Summit and it works very well. I do soak the chips and just put in what I need.

Thanks Scott, I appreciate the input... I may pick one up if my local Ace ever drops their price to normal on this item so I can use up my ACE Rewards. :)

I've used a pair of cheapo smoker boxes in my gasser for a few years (they're about trashed now) and while the gasser doesn't bask the meat in smoke like my WSM, it does impart a nice faint smoke flavor to the food. I typically only use them when doing brats or italian sausage and chicken wings and feel its worth the added effort.

I have a really heavy cast iron smoker box. it does give a hint of smoke to the cook but nothing like the mini or performer. I use a little hickory and place the box right on the flavor bars a few minutes before when cooking a steak or burgers and it gives it just the right amount of flavor.

I also use a heavy cast iron box and it lets me get the hint of smoke that I want. I do not remember where I got it but I sure did not pay $100 for it - probably about $20.

Ray

I too have one, and it works great, smokes like crazy. With all the slits on the top and bottom, air flow is great. I throw a few lit briquettes in my box of chips, which I soak in water. It will produce tons of smoke on a gasser no problem.

Back