Weber 7416 Rapid Fire Chimney Starter

JPGodfrey

Hello All,
I've decided to pull the trigger and order the WSM 22.5 from Amazon.
So, I should also get a decent chimney starter.
I'm thinking of ordering the Weber 7416 Rapid Fire Chimney Starter. However, it currently says on Amazon that

"it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us that there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here"

Gee, I wonder what that means? The 7416 got pretty good reviews.
Should I be ordering a different, better starter?

thanks,
JP

Nothing wrong with that chimney starter, cause it is the best!
Check out HD,Lowe's or Ace.

Tim

I have both of the Weber chimney starters. If the O.P. has or is going to get a Weber charcoal grill, by all means get the large one. I use an IKEA silver ware caddy to start a small number of coals (8-12 depending on which smoker I am using) to do the "Tin Can Minion Method. It costs just a few dollars and using a Weber fire starter cube works MUCH better than either of the chimneys for small amount of charcoal. However, I need the large one for my grill and when doing high heat cooks (think chicken) in the WSM. I could do without the little chimney but it is useful for the Mini-Joe whether using it as a grill or a smoker.

FWIW
Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Thanks Robert,
I'm not getting the Weber charcoal grill.
I'm getting both the 2014 22.5 WSM and (hopefully) the newest Weber EP-330 gasser.
I'll look into the cubes, but I think the chimney might be best for the WSM.

JP

The chimney starter is awesome I use mine every time light it before I prepare the meat and then put it in the basket over the rest my coals let it come to temp and smoke on!

While the small chimney is probably perfect for starting the 18" wsm, I'd go with the regular sized one for lighting the 22".

So is the "regular sized starter" the 7416 Rapid Fire Chimney Starter?
Yes

Is that the best one for the WSM 22.5?

Yea, I would say so. The compact starter was made when Weber reintroduced the Jumbo Joe, useful for starting small amounts of coals for the Minion Method on any smoker.
While I have both sized starters, the 7416 is my go to for the 18.5"-22.5" WSM, my OTG & SJP.

Tim

Back