Weber 22.5 inch half cast iron grate

Originally posted by Gary Hafer:
Wayne,

What other Weber line accessories or changes are in the future? Christmas is coming!

Gary

Well of course there is this. Island cabinetry
And moving the burners from east-west to north-south on the genesis line.
Genesis line will have a "4th" burner option for high heat searing too.
And that's all I can really see that is new.

Too bad. I'm a charcoal fanatic. I have an older Summit model, but use it just on weekdays when I'm in a rush. The is land looks great, but wouldn't work for me--space and price.

So I ordered a couple of the new grates this week.

Gary

My local Ace has this but it's just the Sear/Grate combo($65)... Does anyone know if Weber plans to sell the wok and griddle as extras or will you have to buy them with a grate?

anyone know if the new grates will work in the big smokey mountain?

I'm started to get really tempted to get the 22" smoker to use with my rotisserie and then also get some grates like this to use with it...

I think for stuff like chicken drumsticks smoking them for a while and then rearranging and putting in a hot cast-iron grate for searing would be an excellent way to finish them off and get the skin crispy and nice (although I think it would take a bit of trial and error to determine when exactly to sear them in the process - if you do it too late after all the subcutaneous fat had rendered out you might just get burn marks and nasty skin)

Anyway - anyone used them in a big smoker yet?

If anyone happens to come across one of the old cast iron grid grates like the one Bill & Wayne exchanged, please keep me in mind?

I got one with my redhead Performer Tn'G, it's rusty and usable, I could go for another.

On Weber.com, if you click to the store, you can find videos of the BBQ Gourmet System on the left side. There are recipes too. Jamie Purviance says, as soon as the weather improves, he'll be making some videos.

Gary

Is the Gourmet System out or not? Amazon says it has not been released, and I can't seem to find it on the Weber website.

I just got back from Outdoor Home and they have all of these new accessories but they are expensive. The Wok by itself was $59.95, the grate, griddle insert, and searing insert were all $37.95 each. If I didn't already have the previous aluminum version of the Wok for the Kettle, I would have thought about buying this setup.

Wayne

Back