Weber 2009 Restoration

Nice save and restoration! A great grill which will cook better than the N-S burner configs. I like the casters and may have to do that on my 2008 and my son's 2008 since that roller casters are a pain. Happy grilling!!!

Nice job! Reminds me of the one I restored for my father. His is holding up really well. Glad my work inspired you a little.

Those grills are very well balanced. When I used to work at Ace Hardware (years ago), when showing the customer these grills to try and sell them one....one of the features we displayed was how well they are balanced. We would hop up and sit on the side table....solid as a rock even with me weighing ~200 lbs back in those days.

this is kick ***, thankfully my sidewinder was very nice underneath! but this is very well done

I don't have an answer to that question. Late to the party, I just want to say "Wow, color me impressed!" This grill mixes the new style of stainless modern grills with the strength and simplicity of older designs like the x000 and the Silver series. Very creative.

I caution you on adjusting the shutters. Make sure before you move them at all, you mark their original location. Generally, they are optimized with their default setting and adjustments are not necessary.

If you are having problems with flame height or color, it can be from a whole lot of things, such as hose, regulator, connection at tank, tripped OPD, or insect webs or nests in the fuel system somewhere.

So guys I fired it up this morning, and I think the flame color is fine. Mostly blue with occasional yellow flickers. Except for one spot - the joint between the middle burner and the thin N/S pipe. Is this normal or should I be looking to replace that piece?3A54EFA8-9849-4E47-8CFC-AC1715F06BF4.jpeg

So guys I fired it up this morning, and I think the flame color is fine. Mostly blue with occasional yellow flickers. Except for one spot - the joint between the middle burner and the thin N/S pipe. Is this normal or should I be looking to replace that piece?
That is the little known feature called the "cocktail weenie burner".

Looking good! I really do like what you did with the frame there, I think it came out better looking than with metal doors and is such a great shoutout to the old grills!

Edit: All you have left is hanging your spare propane tank on the right hand side!

Another question for y’all - I keep the grill uncovered in the garage wheb not in use. Living in FL we have salty air by the coast. Should I also be covering when not using? Would like to get many years of use!

Another question for y’all - I keep the grill uncovered in the garage wheb not in use. Living in FL we have salty air by the coast. Should I also be covering when not using? Would like to get many years of use!
I think keeping it in an enclosed garage is the best cover you can put on it. You're keeping it out of the sun and rain. All you may have to worry about now is dust like on the one I keep in my garage.

Yah, the garage is a great way to prolong the life. The covers tend to trap moisture due to heating and cooling cycles causing condensation every day/night.

You could cover it with a cotton breathable sheet to keep dust and dirt off of it in the garage. Or just a towel over the lid to protect it from any accidental tools or stuff falling on it.

As a former almost lifelong Floridian, I would echo the comments that others have made. If you have no choice but to keep a grill outside, then by all means cover - and if not used regularly check and dry things up after rain. But, you are blessed to have the garage option. Definitely the best choice for Florida. In that case I would NOT use a cover but allow the grill to breathe.

You have done a great job doing a unique rescue for that grill. Since you got rid of the cabinetry, the worst rust issues are behind you. I might suggest you try waxing all your painted metal, and still keep an eye out for that rust monster.

Back