Webber 26.75 OTG Mods

Throughly enjoyed this Gary. I had a dream about a mod like this but as a performer vs the platinum, and I couldn't figure out where to get the right type of material to make the frame.

I appreciate you sharing.

Thanks

I used 1-3/4" steel exhaust pipe and had a muffler shop bend it with their bending machine. We used exactly 2-10 ft lengths making four 5 foot pieces. If you read the whole post you can see some of the photos right from the beginning. I chose this style so I could lift the lid straight back as opposed to off to one side. I had a Platinum and liked it's functionality so I went with that.

If I only had one charcoal cooker it would be this kettle. It's awesome with Nomex. I can really dial in temps and it's pretty fuel efficient too.

Happy to share whatever info I can.

Thanks Kevin. I'll be trying it out soon.

This should pretty much finish this thread.

As it turns out I was not able to find a suitable Weber Roti so made up one with various components. The motor is a HD SS Napoleon. Hope it will do the job.:)

Last edited:
Gorgeous very nice work Gary, that thing is big inside. I am going to have to buy me a rotti soon, you are making hungry.

Bob, if you install 1/2" Nomex under your lid you won't need to use that mod. The Nomex makes for a soft contact between the base and the lid. It pretty much minimizes any leakage and gives better air control as well. I use my Maverick quite often with virtually no leakage.
:)

IMG_00034_zps77059f89.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Back