Waterproof case

Christo

TVWBB Member
Well guys here it is took longer than I thought but finally got it together! With a lot of advice from Bryan and some ideas I saw from others.

Thanks guys, will list the parts once I figured out what I actually used. It was a lot of trail and error, still looking for a waterproof buzzer and joystick. Still not sure on the best way to mount the RPI at this point I just glued some standoffs. Also takes a little work to get to the Ethernet port on the RPI to set up the wireless. I have 3 of them available if anyone does not want to go thru the work... since I had to buy 3 boards figured I could just build 3 then. Ryan not sure about the access point never tried to set it up as one, just wanted an external antenna and this adapter had the correct chipset.

Dale your box is were I got the idea from. Figured I would give the smaller box a go. I even think I used the same power connector you were thinking about getting.

Christo
Mine is working great. I leave it outside online most of the time. It gets covered with some dust or splatter from the grill, I just use a little spray cleaner or soap and water and wash it and wipe it. The electronics just stay clean and safe.
I have a 4-way overlay ribbon type adhesive switch i was going to put on the outside but never did. If I need to adjust and don't have my phone handy I just open the cover and use the switch on the board.
What are the dimensions of you box? Where did you get the either-net jack?
I have all the parts for the new version but have not ordered the circuit board yet.

The small box is 6.42x5.1x3.28 yeah I hop mine seals well. What did you use for the probe connectors. The cat5 connector I picked up from EBay. Even doing most of my purchasing from there it still cost $200 for the setup.

Back