Warranty transferable?

Who could have even imagined that a grill warranty would NEED to be transferable?
As Bruce mentioned, what 'typical' person would want someone else's greasy, rusty mess?

Before (and since?) Weber made excellent grills in the 1980s thru early 2000s, most grills were considered disposable items.
The people here are a rare bunch, we recognize the quality that went in to these grills and we know there's very little that's comparable currently on the market.

Transferable warranty? You mean just for those guys on TVWBB? Well, they're mostly rehabbers, so they'd need to transfer the warranty to a third owner... :)

I imagine that if they had their warranties be transferable, they would not offer them for nearly as long. Try to find a car warranty for ten years.
Hyundai has a 10 year powertrain warranty.😊

Vehicle & Powertrain Coverage​

Powertrain Warranty

10-Year / 100,000-Mile​

Powertrain Limited Warranty

Many don't even remember that Silver B they bought back in 2005 with the bowed front edge on the cook box or that nasty fade on the lid might still be under warranty.

Exactly my situation.

Until I read about it on here, I never would have thought that my 20 year old greasey grill would still have a warranty. Or that said grill could be rehabbed into close to new condition. I only went down that rabbit hole when the wife started pressing me to get rid of my old beater grill.

And while my cookbox was bowed out, the grill was still functional. So I made the warranty claim more out of curiosity than anything -- and was surprised when Weber said a new one was in the mail. I probably could also ask for a new lid (still 5 more years of warranty left), but I feel that would be taking advantage.

For me, the thing that made me stick with the old grill for so long was the continued availability of parts (not the warranty). Without the spare parts, my grill would have been replaced years ago and the lifetime warranty would have been irrelevant.

Weber obviously has a brand strategy (which has changed over time) that goes along with their parts and warranty policies.
Jim,
Since you brought it up...Is there any fathomable reason Weber does not make their most expensive grill (the Summit) without a cast aluminum firebox? I recommend people stay as far away from them as possible, after seeing the literally fall apart. Every part of those grills are crap with the possible exception being the lid.

Yah, just the power train however. And you would be surprised at what they DON'T consider as part of the Powertrain.
Actually Barbs 2014 Santa Fe has a lifetime engine warranty regardless of miles due to a court settlement on a recall. Even after they reset the computer in the recall there could be damage to the engines bearings and any internal part of the engine. So the settlement was the engine would be warrantied for the owner at the time of the recall for life regardless of the actual miles.

Better keep good service records and stay within the recommended intervals or they will dishonor that due to owner neglect. But that is a sweet warranty.

But again, you are not a typical customer that will tear down a grill and replace the firebox even if they were to ship one
Actually I would tear it down and rebuild it. That is actually how I found out it was under warranty. I had it apart for a deep cleaning saw the swiss cheese and called Weber trying to BUY a new firebox. They told me it was under warranty. Then afterward dropped the bomb shell on me saying too bad so sad we don't support the grill anymore and no parts. For compensation here is a nice coupon that will allow you to pay even more than retail for a new one.

Back