Warranty Question

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
So I was checking my account at Weber for my registered grills. I have two kettles that I purchased new and one gasser that I bought off CL. The gasser is 16 years old and was purchased used, although everything is original and in working order. The website shows that I still have plenty of warranty coverage on the gasser, below is the page.

I'm not anticipating having to use the warranty, but I was wondering if they might honor it.

Your thoughts or experiences?

Genesis Silver A LP W/Cast Iron Grates, Black (2000-2001)

Model Number: 2241411
Serial Number:
Purchase Date: 03/25/2016
Register Date: 03/26/2016
VIEW SCHEMATICSVIEW MANUAL
Warranty Information

Aluminum Castings - 1 Year on paint excludes fading (LIFETIME)
Porcelain Hood (25 year) - Expires 03/2041
Stainless Steel Burner(s) (10 year) - Expires 03/2026
Thermoset Shelves Or Parts - Excluding Fading (10 year) - Expires 03/2026
Cast Iron Cooking Grates (5 year) - Expires 03/2021
All Remaining Parts (5 year) - Expires 03/2021
Igniter (3 year) - Expires 03/2019
Porcelain-Enameled Flavorizer Bar(s) (1 year) - Expires 03/2017

So I was checking my account at Weber for my registered grills. I have two kettles that I purchased new and one gasser that I bought off CL. The gasser is 16 years old and was purchased used, although everything is original and in working order. The website shows that I still have plenty of warranty coverage on the gasser, below is the page.

I'm not anticipating having to use the warranty, but I was wondering if they might honor it.

Your thoughts or experiences?

Genesis Silver A LP W/Cast Iron Grates, Black (2000-2001)

Model Number: 2241411
Serial Number:
Purchase Date: 03/25/2016
Register Date: 03/26/2016
VIEW SCHEMATICSVIEW MANUAL
Warranty Information

Aluminum Castings - 1 Year on paint excludes fading (LIFETIME)
Porcelain Hood (25 year) - Expires 03/2041
Stainless Steel Burner(s) (10 year) - Expires 03/2026
Thermoset Shelves Or Parts - Excluding Fading (10 year) - Expires 03/2026
Cast Iron Cooking Grates (5 year) - Expires 03/2021
All Remaining Parts (5 year) - Expires 03/2021
Igniter (3 year) - Expires 03/2019
Porcelain-Enameled Flavorizer Bar(s) (1 year) - Expires 03/2017

I am glad you brought this up to me. I had assumed my Gold B was out of warranty so I was pretty bummed when one of the hinges on the grill box snapped (the pin corroded and got stuck between then lid and box). Checked and never registered the grill. Registered it, contacted support, and now have a new grill box and hood on its way! Weber customer service couldn't be any better!

You registered a used grill that you purchased from CL?

Ray, I did this also, basically so I know the serial # and to let Weber know that I am very brand loyal. I am assuming that if I ever had a warranty issue that they might notice that I own a few. It was funny though, when I registered my 16 year old grill, it showed that I had plenty of warranty left.

Cool I will do that, thanks. I am not even sure that I registered my new WSM 2 years ago.

I recently registered two Craigslist finds of my own online, and both showed warranty remaining, but when I called they didn't honor it. The first rep looked, but never mentioned it, and the second told me the warranty was no good. Funny thing is, when I went back to Weber's website, the out of warranty shows on that grill now. The grill in question is a '96 Genesis 2000. I only registered because the seller didn't list what it was, so when the warranty showed up, I thought it was my lucky day, but it wasn't.

Yeah I think it depends on what the original warranty was. If it was a 10 yr warranty on the parts and the grill was made in 2000, they aren't gonna honor it. Some models had 25 yr on the box and/or hood so those you can still get some warranty work done on.

Their website isn't smart enough to cross reference when the grills were made to tell you time left, it just looks at your "purchase date".

I don't remember from registering my WSM if it asked where you purchased it or not but if it does what did you put for the CL purchases?

I think I put "internet" or some such nonsense, but what Mike said about the website not being smart enough was true in my case, I think.

Back