Warranty Query

PDay

TVWBB Fan
Hi, I've just submitted my first ever warranty claim to Weber for burn through on the inside of my Spirits 2013 S320. Has anyone else filed such a claim and what is people general experience of their warranty process? Thanks

Hi, I've just submitted my first ever warranty claim to Weber for burn through on the inside of my Spirits 2013 S320. Has anyone else filed such a claim and what is people general experience of their warranty process? Thanks
They’ve gone above and beyond what I’ve expected. They replaced parts I didn’t even ask for.

Weber has been nothing short of fantastic in my warranty dealings. I’ve had a couple of stainless tops and at least one cook box replaced under warranty and have never run into any sort of hassle. I somehow managed to lose the cast iron grates for a grill during a house move once. I called Weber to order a new set and they asked why I was replacing them. I confessed in full transparency and they actually sent me a new set a no charge. The process can be slow and I’ve waited months for replacement product on a time or two, but they’ve always come through for me.

I got a 14 yr old Genesis 300 from a buddy, his dad converted it to propane without changing the orifices so it was a flame thrower and it warped the cook box, when he gave it to me, i registered it online (VERY IMPORTANT) and called weber, 4 days later a brand new cook box was at my doorstep.

Technically, Weber warranties are only valid from the ORIGINAL owner of the grill. However, many times they will honor the warranties for non-original owners as well. It is kind of hit and miss.
But, like the others commented above, you normally will be more than happy with the Weber C/S. I have found very few companies with a customer service as good as Weber.

IMO: if pictures were requested and sent in, as long as they show damage that you described to the C/S rep, they will honor the warranty. Good luck.

They can be really good or really useless. I have experienced both from them. My last experience was the useless. When they really should have stepped up they did not. Though I will say most of my experience with them was advice more than part replacement. I only needed part replacement 2x. The first was due to broken welds on my stainless grates. The second was the infamous Summit firebox and they let me down...............HARD.

They can be really good or really useless. I have experienced both from them. My last experience was the useless. When they really should have stepped up they did not. Though I will say most of my experience with them was advice more than part replacement. I only needed part replacement 2x. The first was due to broken welds on my stainless grates. The second was the infamous Summit firebox and they let me down...............HARD.
In all fairness, with the summit firebox is more of an issue with the corporate part of the company and not so much the customer service department. I am sure that if Weber corporate had not discontinued making the firebox parts, the customer service guys would have sent you the parts or probably an entire new cook box if they could have.

They asked from me as well. Before I got the "of so sorry we don't make the part anymore" :(
Yeah, but many of the Genesis fireboxes are a shared design, so there’s a good chance they still make a compatible replacement, unless I just jinxed it……

It has been well chronicled , Weber quit making the front and back panels for the summit fireboxes. Those panels are only used on the summit grills. The fact that they rot out so quick means that even ones on used grills for sale are likely rotted out as well. There are no known third party Sources for the panels either.

In all fairness, with the summit firebox is more of an issue with the corporate part of the company and not so much the customer service department. I am sure that if Weber corporate had not discontinued making the firebox parts, the customer service guys would have sent you the parts or probably an entire new cook box if they could have.
That's true. The CSR was all set to send the new part after seeing the damage. So yeah I kind of lumped it all in together. The reason for that is I view the whole thing as a total CS "experience". For example: if you have an issue say with air travel. Flight is canceled or what have you. You go to CS and speak to a rep to try to get to your destination and the rep doesn't help you. Who caught the blame when you relate the issue on say Social Media. You won't know the name of that rep but it will darn sure be "XYZ Company let me down, not George Smith let me down". IOW I view customer service "good or bad" as a total company thing. Not sure if I am making my point clearly. But, basically "Weber" let me down. Separating out which part did not make the issue "better". As a "company" they dropped the ball and I am simply relating that it can be very good or very bad

Well after a few email with a nice chap called Ian, I am now going to be getting a new lid and burner assembly with no quibble at all. He was going to be sending me a cookbook but it's the lid I had the issue with. I have 1 year left on my warranty so I'll keep a close eye on the cookbook just in case.

I'm really quite impressed to be getting the burner assembly as you just can't get them anywhere in the UK.

I had a set of the stamped stainless grates where a few of the welds broke. The grates were less than five years old, but I didn't keep the receipt, as I felt I wouldn't have a problem with them. Weber said they would not replace without a receipt

Well after a few email with a nice chap called Ian, I am now going to be getting a new lid and burner assembly with no quibble at all. He was going to be sending me a cookbook but it's the lid I had the issue with. I have 1 year left on my warranty so I'll keep a close eye on the cookbook just in case.

I'm really quite impressed to be getting the burner assembly as you just can't get them anywhere in the UK.
Glad to hear things went so well for you.

I had a set of the stamped stainless grates where a few of the welds broke. The grates were less than five years old, but I didn't keep the receipt, as I felt I wouldn't have a problem with them. Weber said they would not replace without a receipt
Back when I had them there was no Chineseum aftermarket ones. They only came from Weber so to their credit, they sent me brand new ones no receipt necessary. Funny thing I realized I have a brand new set of them still

Back