Walmart Plus to launch sometime this month (finally a rival for Amazon Prime)

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru

I use Amazon Prime, a lot....probably too much. I find it very annoying that they keep increasing the price each year. They can do so because there are not many other alternatives. I'm glad Walmart is making this move. Curious to see if they will launch some sort of streaming service for music or movies/TV shows to include with their subscription. The article mentions it will be "$98 a year and include perks like same-day delivery of groceries, discounts at Walmart gas stations and early access to some deals"

We have a WalMart a few miles from us and do the grocery pickup quite often. We have toddlers, so it's much easier to have someone bring it all out versus lugging the kids in/out of the car and around the store.

Interesting because they owned Jet.com which appeared to be a failure. I hope it's not just a "rename" and there is some actual seriousness to compete with Amazon this time.

That Amazon Prime cost increase every year is getting annoying. I rarely watch Amazon shows and I rarely stream music. But I do order a lot. :)

Finally- someone needs to jump into the game obviously there's money in it.

I'm all for marketplace competition. I'm not sure Walmart will be able to do it though. If nothing else it may compel Amazon to either improve their price or services or both.

Personally dislike Walmart A LOT. Would never buy food there or much else. Not sure about these every year Amazon increases. I have had Prime for about 4-5 years and seen one increase in that time

Back