Vortex wings 2 ways on a windy night???

Darryl - swazies

TVWBB Emerald Member
A couple pounds of jumbo wings…..
Each marinated in buttermilk, one with with Oakridge chili lime, the other has Oakridge death dust on it.
Mild wings have killer hogs bbq on top, hotter marinade has killer hogs hot bbq on top.
Making some buffalo sauce, got the vortex going white coal hot with a few chunks of JD limp raw on top.
The MRS made some pasta salad….seems like a tasty Saturday night treat and some adult beverages of course….
A bit of classic tunes to top it all off with.
Final results to come.

Attachments

• IMG_0282.jpeg
    IMG_0282.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0283.jpeg
    IMG_0283.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0284.jpeg
    IMG_0284.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0286.jpeg
    IMG_0286.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0287.jpeg
    IMG_0287.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0288.jpeg
    IMG_0288.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0285.jpeg
    IMG_0285.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 22
A couple pounds of jumbo wings…..
Each marinated in buttermilk, one with with Oakridge chili lime, the other has Oakridge death dust on it.
Mild wings have killer hogs bbq on top, hotter marinade has killer hogs hot bbq on top.
Making some buffalo sauce, got the vortex going white coal hot with a few chunks of JD limp raw on top.
The MRS made some pasta salad….seems like a tasty Saturday night treat and some adult beverages of course….
A bit of classic tunes to top it all off with.
Final results to come.
cortez the killer!

cortez the killer!
I second that. Live Version

Some great wings Darryl. Nicely done
Nice call on the Neil. We have some live, it’s good and long like 11 minutes of pure guitar solo stuff….
Dinner was good but I guess it could be better…..I’m trying again soon, need crispier wings, sauce was butter not ghee so it had heavy solids…

Attachments

• IMG_0292.jpeg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0293.jpeg
    IMG_0293.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0294.jpeg
    IMG_0294.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0296.jpeg
    IMG_0296.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0295.jpeg
    IMG_0295.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 14
The food was pretty good, the wings were not as crispy as I had planned.
We will practice again soon….might move it to the E6 next time and use regular baskets….(insert Brett’s cooks here) as I know I can get over 600 dome temps with that baby…
Really wish I knew why it wouldn’t reach higher temps…could have been the raw charcoal on the top of the hot charcoal…..?.??
The buffalo sauce also was separating…….ghee was the call, butter holds the milk fat solids in it is my suspicion.
Coconut oil, ghee in equal parts…..double amount of franks, cider vinegar and garlic is the recipe.
I have made it many times with ghee, it is much better………just a heads up.
Over all it worked, but I always strive for perfection.

The food was pretty good, the wings were not as crispy as I had planned.
It's funny about crispy. Sometime you get crispy from fresh wings, sometimes not. Sometimes you get crispy from frozen wings, sometimes not. Crispy can be elusive, but no mater what, wings are always good

Back