Very old and new! (Not mine)

Interesting, but still not "new" enough for $675. It's also funny that he thinks that grill was $1400 back in 1998.

I would like to know the story behind these "Never Used" old Genesis grills.
Also, after reading the add, I would be a bit leary that it is some kind of scam.

Has a couple of red flags of some kind of a scam, but if a fair amount of money changes hands and the grill works and is as pictured, I don't see a problem. Likely just a real barn find. Asking price is too high.

I have never seen a burner mounted that way. There is no need for it.
The crossover clearly has the slot to insert it properly.

Anyone know what the handle is on the bottom shelf? Is it part of the rotisserie?
Yes, that is the skewer with forks for a Rotisserie. I don't see the motor, mounting bracket or handle anywhere though.

I have never seen a burner mounted that way. There is no need for it.
The crossover clearly has the slot to insert it properly.
Dave, here is the style of burner I am talking about. I can confirm this set is from a Genesis 1000...not sure on the year though. The grill in question is 1998 though. You will notice the middle burner has holes running along each side. It would not make sense to have a burner with holes in the bottom.

Yah, I have seen them on several Genesis 1000's that I worked on. I think it was only used for a year or two on the 1000's. 9506 is stamped on the end of each tube, but I could find nothing on Google.

I stand corrected..... I have seen to older center burner with the dual sided holes --- but I guess I never looked at how it attached to the crossover --- I just assumed it would be the 'tab in the slot' just like the other tubes....
My bad.

The burners are correct. The center tube has holes on 2 sides at 3 and 9 oclock. The crossover has a solid rectangular tab that only goes one way.

The replacement tubes don’t have the funky center tube. Just a center tube like the other east west grills

That’s how my middle burner is set up.
Bruce, the thing with the handle in the bottom shelf looks like it’s some sort of “spit removal tool” or something really strange.
And where are the (usually lost) inside baskets! The one at the back and the one that hangs from the lid? Something smells funny to me.

Yah, while that does look like a roto skewer on the bottom rack, it does not look like a real Weber branded one. And, I agree, that weird black handled bracket thingy is probably part of it.

Back