Vacuum sealers

Wayne K.

TVWBB Member
Hi all, I want to get a vacuum sealer. Any advice on which one I should get? Food Saver or other brand. Thanks in advance for any help.

I've got a FoodSaver (can't remember model #, in process of moving) and i'm super happy with it. Only negative is the price of the rolls of stock but there are deals out there on that. Also heard you can use non-FS brand stock but haven't tried that myself.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Hartwell:
I bought this package soon after I prchased the WSM.
It is quite versatile, I use it a couple of times a week for several things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got the same one. $199 is pretty steep IMO, but I signed up for their emails and lo and behold, within a couple months it went on sale for $99 with free shipping. It's a great piece of equipment.

I just went and looked at what my model is (Vac 550) and I have to say it was the best thing I ever received as a gift. I've used this since 2002 and it has been a workhorse in my kitchen (along with the chest freezer). Can't imagine cooking/grilling without it!

Ok, you guys sold me on foodsaver. Thanks for the info John I ordered one from that link you sent.

I have the V3485 and love it. It is one work horse of a sealer.
FoodSaver V3485
I bought it last Christmas during their sale for $85
Sign up for their newsletter and promotions. I bought 2 sealers (one for my boy) and 20 - 11" rolls. They gave me 60% off on everything, including the discounted volume purchase of rolls.
The key is, you have to use their promotion code.
I just Googled for a promo code. Here ya go 30% off and free shipping on orders over $100.00, including volume discounts.
At checkout, edit the promotion code and use B8FC30A
I just tried it and it works as of today.

I bought a Foodsaver 3825 off Craigslist unopened for $100. I would not pay retail for it, but at that price it's a worthwhile investment. The cheapest I could find rolls (generic) was about $.35/foot for 11" rolls. You just have to scour Amazon and eBay and do the math to find the current best deal. My generics work just fine.

My biggest complain about Foodsavers is that they steal ~2" from your bag every time you cut and reseal it. Hence, it's best for one-time storage and not for frequent reopenings or reusing.

I do use the marinating canister very often and I want to get the mason jar sealer for sauces and such.

Back