Vacation treats!

This was shocking but, not unexpected...
24FA9AF2-0028-42F3-AA2D-1D9642F0BA94.jpeg

8F633842-E354-4619-80EA-8355B4B2FE89.jpeg
2.25” on the left, 1.25 for the other four.
I could have gotten everyone fed with the big one and two of the smaller ones! I really did have two of the smaller ones left and cooked to order to....”Well done!” I almost cried!

This was shocking but, not unexpected...
View attachment 33598

View attachment 33599
2.25” on the left, 1.25 for the other four.
I could have gotten everyone fed with the big one and two of the smaller ones! I really did have two of the smaller ones left and cooked to order to....”Well done!” I almost cried!
I wanted to ask how much you dropped for those steaks when I saw them on the grill. I also saw those well done ones in the background of another photo and thought how much it had to hurt to cook that expensive meat to those temps. Everything looked sooo good!

Not going to lie, the prices I see you US folks paying now is what I have been used to for as long as I can remember.
That doesn't make it any better but leads me to believe that the price increase is soon to come my way too.
We always follow suit to the USA. We get the same products 6 months later ect......
It's nothing for rib eye in steak or prime rib form to be higher than $15.99 per pound for AAA, not even prime cuts....
1 Picanha roast, they all seem to be 2.5 to 3.2 pounds.....always just over $30 per roast and that doesn't feed a crowd....feeds a few.

That hefty rib looks tasty.....I could eat it and then eat it again for breakfast...

TBH, the well done ones were still delicious just not as delicious as the monster!
Turning the whole shooting match into hash for dinner after I finish unloading, unpacking, washing, repacking that which not be much used at home but always used at the cottage.

I had fun following the thread, and I know even on holidays it's hard to put up stellar meals and pictures everyday.
I have already expressed my ambition to the MRS. on our holiday's that are coming up in about 6 weeks.
The 18" Jumbo is coming with me with a bag of charcoal, a few items from our freezer and stopping in at the black angus beef butcher shop on the way there and getting everything else I need. I told her I am bbq'ing everyday. There was no argument about it when I told her but after about 5 days straight she may a different perspective on that one.
Challenge will be getting ribs and wings off the Jumbo and doing them good......a plan is in my head but can it be successful?

So I may mimic something similar to this if people are following the thread....I do have high speed access this time where I am going.

Turned the leftover steak into some pretty amazing hash for tonight’s dinner. Sorry, no pix, grandson called and asked if he could spend the night with us in the middle of making a skillet full. He’d just had braces installed this morning so I’m taking this as a “Happy to be with the grandparents” moment after ten days in a row in a relatively small space.
The braces were “uncomfortable” with hash so, thank you guys for reminding me that SPAM is really good to have on hand! There will be a few changes made in the various menus for a while. Easy for me to make things comfortable for my biggest food fan!
I’m a lucky Grandpa!

Back