Using my Father's Day Gifts

Mark Schnell

TVWBB Member
Got some Firewire for Father's Day. Not just one set, but four. They were from the kids but since they're still small, my wife directed the purchase. She thinks ahead. So I cooked a pork loin marinated in an asian type marinade. Tossed the veggies and potatoes with EVOO and S&P. Threw some corn on too and the bread at the end. I almost ruined the pork loin but managed to get it off before it got too dried out. It disappeared FAST. I love the firewire. It took me a few minutes to get the hang of flipping them around but I was doing it like a pro eventually. They'll get used A LOT!! I got the grilling basket the taters ended up in too. I like it too. I have another basket with that has shorter handles but I like the long one better.
DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Great cook Mark! I really love my fire wire and use it a lot, sure gives me more room than bamboo or metal skewers!

Mark I just bought myself 4 fire wires, and I am going to break them in this weekend. These things look like they work great. Jim L turned me on to them,so thanks Jim

Thanks guys! Kevin, you'll love them. The website says you are supposed to leave the skewer end on the grill till it gets over 170 degrees to kill all the critters. Then you are supposed to hang it off the grill and use it to turn them. Well, I tried that and it didn't really get cool enough that I would want to grab it barehanded. Also, the part that is hanging off the grill is raised and any food close to the end is lifted off the grill. I discovered that my tongs work great and hold the skewer end just fine for turning them over.

Fantastic cook Mark! My first thought on that last picture of you at the grill was how great it would look in the 2013 Weber catalog.

Good going!
icon_smile.gif

Mark thanks for the info, so I do waste my time on things that do not work well, Shawn putting these in the 2013 Weber catolog would be a great thing that way they would be very easy to get the word out on these.I have all my veggies bought and just need to cut them up and cook a meal.

Back