Used WSM 18.5"

JJackson

TVWBB Member
I didn't know the proper place to ask. I'm very new to smoking. I'm not having a great time with the ECB (no bottom, just legs) I got cheap on CL. Also not super into my dad's old 22" kettle with a slightly warped lid. Burned some ribs.

There's a barely-used 18.5" WSM on CL (http://stlouis.craigslist.org/for/5594844356.html). Didn't know if $150 was a good price for a used one, or if I should wait.

Thanks, guys.

Might be a good price. I will say maybe it is the angle of the camera, but in the first shot of the WSM it looks like the heat shield is completely messed up. Again, could be shadows or angles.

Also didn't look like it has the new temp probe holes that they have now. Again may just be a bad picture.

I would jump on it before it's gone. If the heat shield is bent, no problem. It's soft aluminum and can be bent back. Or even remove it - the older ones did not even have a heat shield. The temp probe grommets are only on the WSM's manufactured in the last year or two - I do not use it but prefer the "notch" explained elsewhere in TVWBB. Main thing is to get it while the gett'n is good.

I didn't know the proper place to ask. I'm very new to smoking. I'm not having a great time with the ECB (no bottom, just legs) I got cheap on CL. Also not super into my dad's old 22" kettle with a slightly warped lid. Burned some ribs.

There's a barely-used 18.5" WSM on CL (http://stlouis.craigslist.org/for/5594844356.html). Didn't know if $150 was a good price for a used one, or if I should wait.

Thanks, guys.

That's a great price. Grab it quick ... or I just might beat you to it.

Have at it, Bry. My wife hinted (I think) that there may be something BBQ-related in store for an anniversary present, so I can wait. At least now I know what a good deal is, just in case.

I got a SJ charcoal grate raised on some carriage bolts for the ECB charcoal bowl, so we'll see how that works out. It'll still probably be underwhelming.

Back