Used the Q with those stainless grates again

Yep, Corelle from Walmart. That's our "good stuff" LOL
More money to spend on food and hobbies. My mother had like 4 sets of dishes and a set of real "Silver Ware". Well the fancy sets had to be hand washed and could not go into the microwave because of sparks. The Silver had to be hand polished every year. I made a firm commitment never to own any of that stuff.

So I pulled the Q out last evening for shrimp duty. Asked wife to get some Gulf Shrimp. Forgot to ask about the count per lb. Turned out to be rather little guys. Anyway I tossed them with some EVOO and some BBQ rub spices and put them on the Q with the SS grates. What a great cook. No lost souls, easy to flip around with a large spatula. Nice cook with a nice little "crust" on the protein and sweet tender as well. 20210301_172733.jpg

Looks good. I have been getting the wild caught Gulf Shrimp at Lidl and they are quite good. Also the Wild caught Argentinian Pink Shrimp from Trader joes is excellent. I think they both are about $10lb which is not bad for quality wild caught. In fact the first time I bought the Argentinian Shrimp I thought it was cooked because of its pink color, so I started eating it with some cocktail sauce and it was pretty good. Then my wife tried it and said she thought it may not be cooked. I had to get the package out of the garbage to check. I did cook it up in a pan with some oil and old bay and it was better, but raw was not bad! That is when I started buying raw shrimp and cooking it. I never buy the farmed shrimp or other farmed sea food especially from the Asia.

Larry, do they have you on a diet? I think you could cut that Ribeye into 4 bite size pieces. Probably 4 really tasty pieces though.

What was the aluminum foil for?

It was on a little steel container with some mesquite chips. Works pretty well. I ate pretty much the whole thing. Wife had something else and 2 little bites from the steak

Back