used SS perfomer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_r

Boy did I get a find tonight! A Black SS Performer, probably about 10 years old, with cover , with grate (cast iron set in a grate with hinged sides, rib rack, potoato racks, chracoal racks, and some misc other goodies. $40 for all. I will clean it up and post some pics.will need to replace the ash sweeper. I have a 12 year old red ss performer, that has been great . Neither have gas starter though.
Question- if the cast iron grate has rusted, can it be restored, and if so, how? THANKS, will post pics tomrrow

Congrats - great find. Is this the one that was listed in Herndon, VA?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimK:
Congrats - great find. Is this the one that was listed in Herndon, VA? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Herndon, i just happened to boe on CL looking for cars, and I always check weber grills. bought three genesis 1000's last year and refinished them , one for me, and one for each of my kids.

Nice. I posted that in the Trading post area yesterday. Glad someone from here got it. Had I known it had CI grates, I probably would have grabbed it. The grates alone are worth $40!

Nice score. The link George posted will help you get your CI grate all cleaned up. I use the Bob Smith simple set up for my cast iron pans that I bring home. Simple and cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back