Used RC Grates What would you pay.

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
This is listed in ATL been there for quite awhile whoever listed them just refreshed the listing. They are asking $115 claimed they paid $190 which does not seem possible to me. Would have helped in my opinion if they were cleaned up.

To me its a specialty item only members here would know the value and I doubt they would pay $115 but half the population down here likes new so thinking you can get that kind of money for used grates seem a bit of a stretch since looking for a used grill they probably would be willing to not pay much more than the grates.

Not one friend I have until I showed them my 1000 even knows they existed forget the fact if you told them its really good to buy RC's grates when they saw the price they would think I am an idiot. Those grates are only for the die hard's at those prices and of course many of us are, not me I am happy with what I bought however an offer of 75 bucks if they bite might do it.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/for/d/weber-grill-grates-pure/6673115524.html

Last edited:
$115 seems a little high for used ones. I agree that if he would take $75 that might be worth the effort. I really don’t think he will get any action at that price. Maybe wait a little and then put in an offer for him to consider. He would probably come back glad to sell.

Gotta question his senses. Why would he put a link clearly showing the grates brand new for $126 and claim he gave Dave $190?! So yeah only a die hard griller that knows quality will understand this so it's a very narrow audience. Try shooting him $75 see what happens schooling him that brand new according to his own link they're only $126 brand new

Larry I thought that was funny also wonder if he bought some flavorizer bars along with it which came to the $190. The first listing is still there its been 2 mos might wait a few weeks make an offer. Use mine in another restore not like they would go to waste.

I would have at least cleaned them up before listing them for $115 bucks.

LOL. Some people inexplicably are able to escape the law of natural selection.

Back