USA rubs and sauce arrived today in The Netherlands!

Geert Roelofs

I am not sure whether below picture can be posted here or should it be elsewhere on the forum so in case it should be swapped, please let me know.

This morning I was pleased with the receipt of some very nice USA rubs and bbq sauces.
A colleague of mine took it along on his Delta flight from Newark New Jersey to Amsterdam.
- 4 x 12oz Plowboys Yardbird Rub
- 2 x 7oz Smoking Guns BBQ rub Hot
- 1 x 18oz Head Country bbq sauce
- 1 x 1 gallon Blues Hog bbq sauce
The above will keep me busy for a while and grant nice and tasty bbq moments in the next months!
Plowboys and Blues Hog were already favorites here, but buying these directly in the USA saves me between 50 and 75% vs European price.
e.g. Blues Hog in Europe per .473 liter = USD 13,50 and I now purchased 1 gallon (= 3,785 liters) at USD 24,99!
Smoking Guns seems to be a winner, I will give it a try!

sausgallon.jpg

Last edited:
Glen Frey had a song about sneaking BBQ product across international lines:

Here's a little money now,
Do it just the way we planned.
You be cool for twenty hours
And I'll pay you twenty grand.
I'm sorry it went down like this,
And someone had to lose,
It's the nature of the business,
It's the BBQ smuggler's blues.

I think your going to have lots of fun with those rubs and sauces. . Take pics and share with us. :)

Geert, I know you'll LOVE the Blues Hog & the Head Country sauces... I haven't tried the others you have pictured there...

Geert, I know you'll LOVE the Blues Hog & the Head Country sauces... I haven't tried the others you have pictured there...
Jim, I have been using Blues Hog already for a couple of years and agree.....but Head Country is new for me!
Another one of my favorites is Stockyard BBQ sauce Southern Blues, do you know this one?

More rib cooks to come??? The last ones you did made me decide to do some today... I tried yardbird some time back, it was a little to hot for me. Have you found it better on other cuts of meat?

Geert you'll Love the Plowboys. I just got mine in the mail Friday and used it on a chicken cook last night and was really tasty.

I have used all of the Plowboys and the Blues Hog and love them! Haven't
tried the Head Country, other than the Head Country rub so will be giving that a shot!

Back