Two TVWBB trends in one cook.

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
I have had this recipe posted by @Brett-EDH in ancopen tab for a while. After picking up some legs last night, I wanted to give @MikeLucky 's new favorite butterflied legs a try. So a mix of cubed breast meat and rushed butterflied legs went on the grill tonight.
IMG_20230614_173850.jpg

First peek.
IMG_20230614_175217.jpg

Time for the cubed breast to get some heat.
IMG_20230614_180215~2.jpg

The legs time for some heat.
IMG_20230614_180322.jpg

Done.
IMG_20230614_180350~2.jpg

Plates with a first attempt at a homemade version of Rice a Roni.
IMG_20230614_181302.jpg

Chicken was a hit. The family loved the flavor. It was bright and fresh while still being very herb-bashish. It felt like a really simple recipe for all the flavor it packed. The butterflied legs were butcher quick and not the prettiest but they cooked up really nice and I am a believer. I will be doing both the again thought the summer. Rice was very close to the box treat from my childhood, but I still want to work on improving the simple side dish.
All in all I call it a success after a rough day at work and getting home later than normal.

Oh and I finished with the best dessert again tonight.
IMG_20230614_184026.jpg

Looks awesome!

Which grain of rice are you using?

If it’s jasmine, you’ll need to triple wash it to remove the excess starch. If it’s basmati, then use as is.

From the pic, pan toast the vermicelli in butter and oil and develop more of a tan color. And add some turmeric to the rice if you want yellow rice.

Lmk when the next cook is. Maybe I’ll be in town?!?!

Looks great. My wife isn't as enamored with the butterflied legs as I am so I might do the cubed breast as well next time.

Plates with a first attempt at a homemade version of Rice a Roni. Rice was very close to the box treat from my childhood, but I still want to work on improving the simple side dish.
Nice cook Michael. Tell me about this homemade Rice a Roni. I too have fond memories of it from a box, and would be most curious about your homemade version of it

Back