Two recent cooks - Brisket and Beef Ribs/Ramen

Dave_H_TX

It has been a while since I have posted... Crazy with two little ones, travel, and not enough time for serious cooking! So after about a 6 month break, I am back! Here are two of my recent cooks.

Sunday Brisket :)

Pretty straight forward.. ~8 lbs of brisket and Killen's Salt & Pepper rub from HEB (https://www.heb.com/product-detail/killen-s-texas-salt-amp-pepper-blend/1977714)

xItTE7Jm.jpg

I decided to use my secret weapon on this cook... smoke joe mini and heatermeter set to 230. Kingsford charcoal and pecan for the smoke.

CdToZPXm.jpg

QT1APjam.png

Wrapped in butcher paper at 168* and then back on to the pit for a total of 8 hours.

1sV64N7m.jpg

Rested for 2 hours and then carved up... Super yummy and reminds me why I love this hobby!

35jZVigm.jpg

Second cook was something that I just wanted to try. I can do a lot of things, but for some reason ribs is not one of them. Every time I try and cook ribs, they turn out tough and terrible. I bought some beef short ribs from the store and decided to give it a shot based upon the brisket success.

Again used the sale & pepper mix and 230 as the cook temp.

AGJsOXDm.jpg

I put them on for 6 hours, actually forgot about them, and they turned out awesome!

xUrKkN1m.jpg

One of the things that I discovered recently on my travels to the AP region was my love for ramen. I took the meat off the bone and into some ramen the meat goes! My go to at home is:

foEM5ahm.jpg

Here is the end result

zM20NbAm.jpg

Two great cooks and glad to be back!

Dave, welcome back! The brisket looks great, and taking the Ramen noodles up a not chips a great idea!!
Tim

Looking good...... I'll be preparing my second brisket on my 18.5 WSM this coming Wednesday and hope it will come out just as fine (just ordered butcher paper, thus far when I wrap meat it has always been with aluminum foil).

....... not so sure about the ramen though, I like to eat my ribs as they are. However, I can see how the meat with give the ramen an extra dimension.

Back