Two Questions

NeilHeuer

TVWBB Fan
Hey all two questions:

1. Setting up alarms. What is a threshold vs. a set point? Which triggers an alarm?

2. I noticed my thermocouple today is about 23 degrees low and it is bouncing around by 3 degrees within seconds? Also I had my heatermeter set to -3 last time so there is some inconsistency there with the same setup. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Neil

The alarm threshold is when the alarm will be triggered. The setpoint is OPTIONAL, if you put a temp in the setpoint field the HM will change the setpoint to that temp when the alarm is triggered.

IDK what to say about your TC, you might have to elaborate a bit about your hardware... did you do the SMD soldering yourself? What kind of TC are you using? Maybe the wires are not tight in the TC plug on your TC? (I had that happen once with a new TC from Amazon).

Thanks for the quick reply! Not sure I understand the alarm stuff. I hear my heatermeter beeping now and not sure how or why. I am currently at 240 and want to be somewhere between 225 and 255?

I bought the board soldered by bryan so that should be ok.

I bought some pit probe. I have to look in my email to find out where I bought it. I am running an extension wire with it - but I was the last time too!

Neil

Back