Twirling Tuesday!

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Cold as a mother in laws heart this morning but, by early afternoon it cleared off and, though still cool it was perfect to break the roti out and do a chicken for tonight and a few later in the week projects. Went back to more old school trussing and I’m very pleased with the presentation!B0A2C0F2-580C-4811-83FC-B07EA8944D95.jpeg
Single piece of twine, properly done at the leg and looped around the wings. I just have not been paying real attention lately, this is making me feel
like I’m being more interested in what I’m doing. Something has just been “off” in my Interest for a few weeks.
Purple “Bistro“ potatoes underneath, not done that in a long time for no reason aside from sheer lack of thought.

Cold as a mother in laws heart this morning but, by early afternoon it cleared off and, though still cool it was perfect to break the roti out and do a chicken for tonight and a few later in the week projects. Went back to more old school trussing and I’m very pleased with the presentation!View attachment 60247
Single piece of twine, properly done at the leg and looped around the wings. I just have not been paying real attention lately, this is making me feel
like I’m being more interested in what I’m doing. Something has just been “off” in my Interest for a few weeks.
Purple “Bistro“ potatoes underneath, not done that in a long time for no reason aside from sheer lack of thought.
Making my mouth water Timothy!

And to think I opened this thread first thinking I might see the TFL twirl.

But your roti chicken does look pretty awesome!

Looks great. When you say you "Went back to more old school trussing", what are you referring to?
One piece of twine tying the legs then going “up the body” and going around the wings finishing by tying the ends together. I had not done that style in a long time, I’ve been doing separate pieces for legs and wing ends this was a eater job, no deep meaningful reason, it just happened, I liked the results.
Did you use 1 or 2 CB, & an estimate on how many briquette's?
Both baskets, full chimney, never counted how many that is, never cared. Two pieces of olive wood for a light smoke.time was roughly 90 minutes, stuffed with a halved head of garlic and a halved lemon.

Wish I could learn the trussing trick. Every time I do it I end up more like 50 shades of gray :D
It’s really not that hard, people make a huge project out of it, I tend to try to look at what wants to be “managed” and use as little twine as necessary. This used maybe 30” that’s tying the legs with a long “tail” then up and looped around the wings and then back down to the aforementioned “tail” and tied it off. This went really well, it doesn’t always, I will admit.
Maybe one of these days we will meet up and I can hand off my mixer and I can teach you the trussing tricks I use.😁

Back