Twenty Dolla Holler - New Q200 Pickup

Finally got around to grinding off the blue paint. Took me so long because the angle grinder / cup brush jobs give me nightmares! Haha, I was cursing myself the whole time while grinding it down yesterday.

Painted it red this time.

Primer, paint then clear. I'll post up more pictures after it's totally dry and installed on the grill.

20200615_113954.jpg20200615_123448.jpg20200615_123938.jpg

Isn't is cool how that clear makes it nice and shiny and darker?
Yeah it really brings the color to life. Curious to see how this "Flat Red" color looks in the sunlight once it's dry. To me it looks like it has some hints of orange in it. Not sure if you can tell that from pictures.

Here it is completely dry. Doing a 30 min burn in now.

Looks pretty orange to me. Was hoping to attract local sports fans whose teams colors are red and black and this doesn't really seem like a true red.

20200616_095205_HDR.jpg20200616_095210_HDR.jpg20200616_095214.jpg20200616_095220_HDR.jpg

I will say that the Q200 has been a rock solid grill whenever I've used it. This one hadn't been used since early March. I turned on the gas, pressed igniter once and boom fired right up.
Q320 on the other hand....I bought a used done a couple months ago with the intent of making it my primary gas grill. Cleaned it really well. Used it a few times and cooked great. It sat unused about a month, then I go to crank it up and weak/limp flame, too low to produce enough heat to cook on. Haven't took the time to see what is going on with it.
I've had 3 different 200s and none have failed me.

Also, VHT Flat Red is not red, haha. Won't be buying that brand again unless it is the Cast Iron color which is very nice.

Kyle, I used Rustoleum High heat flat red with a clear coat and it came out like this:

IMG_0003.JPG

VHT, the only Rustoleum they sell near me is black. I'll have to order some red next time I need it. I'm done with VHT. Only thing I might continue to use is the primer because it gives the paint a little texture rather than being super smooth.

Back