TVWB News for December 2020

I got the Newsletter for January. I don't see a thread for it in this forum, so I thought I would just ask my question here.

Do you make a video for your newsletter, every month?

For the last 22 years, I've tried to create new content for The Virtual Weber Bullet every month. I prefer photographing and writing articles for the website, but in recent years I've also been making videos (they are a lot more work). Sometimes I make a video to go along with a written article, sometimes the video is standalone and does not accompany an article.

The newsletter is simply a way to advertise the new articles and videos I make, to promote the discussion forum, to promote prize drawings, sell t-shirts, etc.

Chris, the split butt video is great!
I have a limited knowledge of video production and you are absolutely right, they are a lot of work! You come across I your videos like “the guy next door” which is not an easy thing to do.
Congratulations and keep up the good work on both fronts, I like your writing style almost as much as your self deprecating manner in the videos!
Be safe.

For the last 22 years, I've tried to create new content for The Virtual Weber Bullet every month. I prefer photographing and writing articles for the website, but in recent years I've also been making videos (they are a lot more work). Sometimes I make a video to go along with a written article, sometimes the video is standalone and does not accompany an article.

The newsletter is simply a way to advertise the new articles and videos I make, to promote the discussion forum, to promote prize drawings, sell t-shirts, etc.
Chris, the split butt video is great!
I have a limited knowledge of video production and you are absolutely right, they are a lot of work! You come across I your videos like “the guy next door” which is not an easy thing to do.
Congratulations and keep up the good work on both fronts, I like your writing style almost as much as your self deprecating manner in the videos!
Be safe.

Exactly.

I like @Chris Allingham's videos and articles because of his personality and demeanor, and knowledge too.

I can trust "the guy next door". I'm not getting talked to "over my head".

Keep up the videos, when you can.

The first video I watched was in your review for the 2008 WSM. During the first half of that video, you kept calling the thing at the bottom, some kind of stand. Then later, when you realized what it was, you edited it with words on top during those scenes, to explain that it was a heat sink.

That's when I knew I could trust you. If someone knowledgeable like you can still make a few mistakes, but also correct them, then that is very relatable.

Back