Turkey on the 22 rotisserie

I have a chicken I have had in the freezer for months now. I want to spin it, I got to get that out to do. Your turkey looks so good. Keep those pictures coming.

Looking good! I’ve done our Thanksgiving turkey on the rotisserie for the last three years now. Wish I could find some B&B Char logs, I’d really like to try them.

It looks great. How was the skin? Just out of curiosity would the results be any different at 350 on the WSM vs Kettle?

When I have done a turkey on the kettle of usually around 13 lbs. mine turns out a lot darker. This could be due to me rubbing it with olive oil & possible due to the smaller height in a kettle, (charcoal on the sides in baskets) as opposed to the WSM.

Skin was well rendered and bite through, but definitely not crispy. There was olive oil on the skin with the seasoning and I assumed it would come out darker than it did. This is the first time I'm using the rotisserie with charcoal in the bottom. Last couple of times it was baskets on the middle shelf and it definitely seemed to add color faster. I think I preferred this way more. Easier to control temp it seemed more even. Bird came out nice. Pretty moist and just a kiss of smoke flavor. Had I had time I may have salted the bird and let it sit in the fridge for a day to try and help the skin but the wife isn't big on skin either way and I may have had too many Manhattans yesterday.

This was a great cook. We used to cook a turkey breast 3 or so times a month but since moving to south Texas, they are hard to find. Small price to pay! Thanks everyone for looking. Hope your weekends were awesome!

Back