Tuesday's Hanger with grilled veggies

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Fired up the green OTG with the CIGs for EVOO'd sliced Garnet yams and quartered Vidalia onions (again). Easy to grill and I lov'em
icon_razz.gif

Earlier, I seasoned the Hangers with Penzey's Chicago Steak Seasoning and fresh ground pepper then added them to the grill once the others were all comfy & cozy.
DSCN2083.jpg

OG carrots were invited and, for her debut, baby bok choy
smiley-char013.gif

DSCN2087.jpg

The bbc took a short dip in a marinade of oj, soy sauce, sesame oil and red pepper flakes then brushed with the same during her stay on the Weber.
The OG carrots were in a hot boilin' bath for 5 minutes then ice-cold showered the halt all the warm feelings deep inside.
icon_razz.gif

Tanning oil was then applied
smiley-cool14.gif

After everyone left the beach, we went in to eet supper.
DSCN2090.jpg

The Hanger simply melts with each bite, the bbc has soo much flavour you gotta eet more of it... and the grilled carrots, well, now i can SEE what i'm eeting
smiley-shocked013.gif

...and GarnetYams are certainly a favourite as are Vidalias.
No leftovers. again.
Hope the photos look as good as the supper was.
Thank you for viewing.
Good Night
smiley-sleep016.gif

Jim, That first photo is cool. As I scrolled down, the steak kept getting closer and closer. Awe Man... I'm drooling.

Great as usual.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No leftovers. again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is Maddie the lab happy with this??

Must admit, I probably would have cleaned my plate too!
Fine looking hanger Jim!

Awesome, Jim! Don't know what else to say...Awesome!!

How long did you cook the BBC? I tried it once and it was good...not great, just good. I didn't marinate it, however. I'd love to try them again.

Outstanding looking plate. Never tried a hanger steak before.I really like baby bok choy on the grill. Actually I seem to like a lot of veggies on the grill.

Thanks folks, I love hanger!
Umm Bob, Maddie gets her frostie paws during our dinner.
Don, the bokchoy was on the grill ooh bout 5 to 10 minutes.. i guess it depends how hot the grill is... This bbc was seared over high then off to the side til tender.
and John, the wonders you do with tri tip, you'd love hanger! I know it!!

Great looking meal Jim, as usual! Haven't had a hanger either, never seen one in the stores around here. Tri-tip is similar? Sounds like hanger is right in my wheel house.

Jim,

Were the pictures always in this post? I didn't see them when looked before.

Those hangers look great. Why don't you ever call me before serving?

Jim

Thank you all again...
icon_smile.gif

Gary & Mike, check 'em out, they're awesome! Nothing like hangers! Not even TTs.
Mike, take a sharp right, they're there
icon_biggrin.gif

PewaukeeJim, near Independence Day is the next hanger grillin'
emoticon_americanFlag.gif

Wow Jim, you are really making me a happy follower with all these great pics and creative cooks!!!!

Question though, can you have a quick Jim Lampe dictionary for me? I got the EVOO, and OTG is OneTouch Gold, but what are CIGs? And how about OG carrots? And lastly, whats BBQ?

Ok, that's a joke
icon_smile.gif

Since you mentioned OTG, and since you seem like a knowledgable feller...can you help me understand what the point of the OneTouch series and the Performer series is? They seem like kettles with unnecessary fancy looking gizmos. Do they add real benefit, or do they just make them look fancy?

Anyhow, thanks again!

Ok... We have TimL from SanDiego calling with a question... Hello Tim, how are you today?
CIGs are Cast Iron Grates and OG Carorots are Organically Grown Carrots (or simply organic grown).
You probably already know what's behind BBC
icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry, I know nothing of the Performer series Weber grills, as I do not have or ever used one.

Thanks again for the interest Tim, it's truly appreciated
smiley-char013.gif

Thanks Jim for answering my questions. Those carrots always look tasty on your pics. Those ARE some impressive grates on the OTG.

Thanks again!

Back