Trying to decide between Genesis E-335 special edition and E-435. Is there a 9mm stainless grate upgrade for the 435?

AdamKNC

I'm on the fence between these two grills and right now leaning towards the E-335 special edition grill with 9mm stainless grates because I can't find any 9mm stainless option for the 435. Anybody have experience with these either of these two grills willing to chime in? I like the black enameled grills better than the stainless versions and the 335 SE seems like the best of both worlds with those 9mm stainless grates. I've had good luck with the enameled cast iron grates on another Weber Genesis 300 series but those 9mm stainless grates seem too good to pass up on. I'd have to step up to a Summit 470 to get a larger grill out of the box with 9mm stainless and I just don't see myself gaining much more for double the price of the Genesis 335 SE. Thoughts? The 335 SE is backordered currently in most places but I'd like to order one ASAP if that's the route I end up going.

I have no experience with either grill so just my two cents if you like the Stainless grates then I would get the E335 Special edition.

It's not just the grates, you also want one that has the stainless steel burners and flavorizor bars. Also, make sure you get a sear burner. In my opinion, you are already giving up some things by using a gas grill so you want to maximize your use and that sear burner on the Genesis I had would get to 600+ so I could still sear very well.

So, whichever one that has all the stainless steel innerds and the sear burner is my recommendation.

I would let your size requirements be your guide. If you need the real estate of the 435, get it.

Both the models you are looking at have sear stations and SS flavorizer bars. Other than size, the only apparent difference is the grates.

You can always add 9mm SS grates from RCPlanebuyer to a 435; you can't add a fourth burner and an extra grate are to a 335.

I agree, if you want the 435 then get it and get a set of RCP grates, although I am guessing they will probably cost you about $200 with shipping. Bear in mind though, that they will be the last grates you will have to buy for that grill.

Either option has a lot of good things going for it. I suppose if I could afford that 435 AND rcplanebuyer grates to go along with the cast iron ones that the combination would be pretty much unbeatable as far as new Webers go. I have seen the 9mm stainless rod grates on the 335. They are VERY nice and most anyone would be extremely happy with them.

I would let your size requirements be your guide. If you need the real estate of the 435, get it.

Both the models you are looking at have sear stations and SS flavorizer bars. Other than size, the only apparent difference is the grates.

You can always add 9mm SS grates from RCPlanebuyer to a 435; you can't add a fourth burner and an extra grate are to a 335.

I figure bigger is always better and in this case it's not that big a jump in price for a lot more grilling area. I've looked at the RCPlanebuyer grates before and I could not find an option for the 400 series grills. Are they a custom order?

Last edited:
Adam, contact him through CraigsList and ask him. I am not sure if he makes and stocks up 400 series grates, but he can definitely make them on an order by order basis.
Here is his CL add. Just use the email function to contact him and tell him what you are looking for.

Thanks! Sent him a message and will see what he says. If he can make the grates for the 435 then I'll probably be ordering one soon. Thanks for the help everybody!

What a Grill but your beautiful backyard looks like the size of a football field in which your Genesis fits comfortably. I have only a small patio area in which a Weber Spirit may fit our grilling needs and will take-up little space and will sit along-side with my Weber Performer Deluxe and Weber Smoky Joe.??

Attachments

• IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
What a Grill but your beautiful backyard looks like the size of a football field in which your Genesis fits comfortably. I have only a small patio area in which a Weber Spirit may fit our grilling needs and will take-up little space and will sit along-side with my Weber Performer Deluxe and Weber Smoky Joe.??

I would go with a Q2200 or even a Q3200 since you already have the Performer for low and slow cooking. Either, I think, are a better grill than the Spirit and will fit easily on your patio :coolkettle: .

I would go with a Q2200 or even a Q3200 since you already have the Performer for low and slow cooking. Either, I think, are a better grill than the Spirit and will fit easily on your patio :coolkettle: .
Jon: Thanx for the advice and the Weber Q well be added to my Wish List. My Weber Performer Deluxe will also house my Cajun Bandit Rotisserie.

Thank you, we lucked out with this house as it sits on 1.5 lots. I echo Jon, a Q grill would be a great addition.

I want to second Jon's advice. Definitely go with a Q. Whichever model is the size you think is best for your needs. The 1200s get hottest of all of them, and are the most portable for tailgating, camping, etc. 2000s are bigger for more real estate but don't get quite as hot, and while portable, are a bit larger and heavier. The 3000s have 2 burners so you can control them better for multiple zones and lower temps, but aren't particularly portable as they are attached to a stand, if I remember correctly.

I would check FB marketplace and CL first as I normally see a lot of every model here in my area.

Back