Tried something new last night

LMichaels

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
So last night I tried a package of steak I had always heard about but never actually seen or used/consumed. Hangar Steak. All I can say is VERY nice! Popped a couple of those on the Genesis yesterday with some little creamer potatoes. Darn nice steak. If I ever find it again I will definitely buy it again!
BTW No invitations were sent out so don't worry yours was not "lost" :D

20220330_183959.jpg20220330_184041.jpg20220330_184433.jpg

So last night I tried a package of steak I had always heard about but never actually seen or used/consumed. Hangar Steak. All I can say is VERY nice! Popped a couple of those on the Genesis yesterday with some little creamer potatoes. Darn nice steak. If I ever find it again I will definitely buy it again!
BTW No invitations were sent out so don't worry yours was not "lost" :D

View attachment 48140View attachment 48141View attachment 48142
That looks good! I've never tried hangar steak either.

I've only had Hangar in restaurants, but it is definitely a very nice cut! I've never seen it anywhere for a price I wanted to pay to cook my own. Yours look great, Larry!

R

Yeah, I am likely going to stop at that same butcher shop in Arlington Heights again today https://www.thuringermeats.com/ I have honestly never run into a better place. Not a lot of variety as it is very small. But the meats they sell are nothing but top notch.
Anyway I plan to look for more of that hangar steak

Just took a look at the website you shared Larry! I will have to stop out there one of these days! I have not been to the big city in quite a while, I miss some of that kind of fun!! A little shopping, a little eating well, I sometimes miss being in Chicago on an expense account!

Well time and fatigue did not allow for me to get there yesterday. The night before I got almost no sleep (thanks to a partner who's snoring is louder than my Kubota diesel idling), so I had some of my famous Bolognese already made so all dad got yesterday was some Rotini and Bolognese. And than I booked for home by about 17:45. So next time I guess

Yeah, I am likely going to stop at that same butcher shop in Arlington Heights again today https://www.thuringermeats.com/ I have honestly never run into a better place. Not a lot of variety as it is very small. But the meats they sell are nothing but top notch.
Anyway I plan to look for more of that hangar steak
Thuringer is great! Accurate description.

You been out to Ascot's in Prospect Heights?

Thuringer is great! Accurate description.

You been out to Ascot's in Prospect Heights?
Actually no. Never heard of it. I don't live in the area. It was my late sister who turned me on years ago to Thuringer. And I like them because they're an easy on the way stop when I visit my dad

Back